The DevOps Systems Management & Monitoring Senior Engineer position will be responsible for delivering and supporting large-scale network, system, application, service, and business activity monitoring solutions. This position involves the deployment and support of the tools the company uses to monitor their network, systems and applications.
As DevOps Systems Management & Monitoring Senior Engineer in a very rich and dynamic environment, you will work closely with the developments team within nthe Bank’s IT Division.
You will be in charge of configuration, improving and using monitoring tools to oversee multiple systems at both infrastructure and applications level within a defined support operations area and work closely with the Development and Support teams.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES – INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Manage, monitor and examine application, performance, event and system logs to assist in troubleshooting
- Oversee the availability and performance of the banking digital platform
- Create processes around alert response operations and support the team to ensure the reliable delivery of the services
- Make recommendations to ensure sufficient metrics are collected
- Provide provisioning, installation, configuration, operation, and maintenance of both application and utility systems (CI/CT/CD, Repositories, AAA, Monitoring & Alerting)
- Work with Dev/QA/PM teams to build, maintain, and document different types of SDLC environments
- Support and deploy mission critical, customer facing, frontend and backend production environments
- Diagnose and solve application or underlying infrastructure related problems
- Perform actions required to resolve tickets and provide detailed documentation as to actions taken to resolve issues as a 2nd level support;
- Monitor and report specific SLA
- Test and evaluate new technologies
- Work with 3rd party support services
- Must be able to relay technical information to the business teamwith varying skill levels in a manner in which they can understand.
- Ability to manage, coordinate, and integrate the cross platform and multi-technology production environments or lead efforts and situations that span multiple groups within the delivery and support organizations.
- Ability to support and enhance technologies that include (but not limited to): Linux, Microsoft SQL server, MySQL, MongoDB, SSH, web and app technologies (IIS, apache, tomcat, JBoss), VMware, AD and Storage/SAN.
- Experience working with logging, monitoring, and alerting tools (. ELK stack - Elasticsearch, Logstash and Kibana).
- Experience supporting complex web applications/services and backend APIs
- Demonstrated understanding of infrastructure as code, container networking, and security
- Familiarity with defect tracking tools
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work as a team or as an individual contributor.
- A keen ability to learn quickly and find resolutions to technical issues
- Good analytical problem solving and troubleshooting capabilities
- Capability to work in a rapid developing / changing environment
- Ability to summarize key messages;
- Strong communication skills, adaptability and self control;
- High autonomy and ability to work in a stressful environment, rigor, cooperation and team spirit.
- Ability to work effectively with senior IT and Business stakeholders.
- Client-driven approach & service oriented;
- Proficient communication and English language skills (written/verbal)
- Excellent team worker
- Bachelor's degree from College or University
- 3+ years of experience as Developer and/or Applications’ Technical Support
- ELK stack , azure devops & Jira knwoledge is a plus;
- Prior experience in the Romanian Banking market is an advantage;