Would you like to impact DevOps culture with an SRE approach at Systematic? And do you want to contribute to the operation of critical systems with a focus on stability, robustness, and scalability?
System Engineer for Systematic SRE team
In Systematic we encourage product reliability, accountability, and innovation and work towards it in the Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) way. As a System Engineer in our SRE team, you contribute to the sustainable operation by using programming techniques and adequate tools sets to control the operation. You contribute to the expansion of our existing SRE unit and help to shape our future work to optimize, scale, automate, and monitor solutions using modern technologies.
You will join a skilled SRE team whose work practices are based on the DevOps philosophy. Together with the team, you will ensure the reliable operation of applications for projects across the organization. In other words, you influence shaping our delivery and mindset, so IT and good business are aligned.
You will be given the room to manoeuvre and get the opportunity to work with the newest technologies.
If you have a genuine passion for solving problems and appreciate constant mind challenges, if you are enthusiastic about finding solutions to challenging situations and feel motivated by continuous improvement of operations, then you might just be the person we are looking for.
Here is a taste of what you will be doing:
- Monitor the systems in production and analyze their performance
- Perform in-depth analysis of the possible risks and identify measures to prevent them or mitigate their impact
- Focus on permanent fixes and automation instead of fixing individual problems, embracing an orientation towards automation of manual processes such as deployment, build pipelines and monitoring
- Monitoring and optimizing applications to ensure a high level of robustness and performance
- Assist our development projects with designing operations-ready applications that create business value for our customers
- Strive for improving tools, methods, and processes for all relevant operations
- Actively apply best practice activities, tools, processes, and methods
- Use your knowledge and experience to advise colleagues in best practice techniques and to implement operationally efficient products with high levels of availability
- Create stress-free shifts and daily work by having alarms and monitoring under control
- When ready, you will be part of a 24/7 on-call roster with your colleagues in the SRE team. The on-call roster is currently in a 5-week cycle. 1 week primary, 1 week secondary and 3 weeks off.
- Curious and innovative SRE System Engineer
Our ideal candidate would:
- Possess great problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Have experience in continuous integration/continuous delivery best practice, as well as knowledge of essential DevOps principles
- Have hands-on experience in building, operating, maintaining, and implementing stable and easily maintained infrastructures needed for production operation
- Be proactive in developing tools to monitor the systems at all levels, anticipate issues and implement solutions before they impact our customers and end users
- Be passionate about working with modern technologies, learning new things and have the necessary drive to grow your career in SRE
- Be capable of seeing the 360-degree perspective and thinking outside the box whilst being able to take ownership and see tasks through to their completion
- Last but not least, we are looking for a dedicated team player who thrives on close co-operation with your team and colleagues across the organization.
- Solid knowledge of Linux OS capabilities
- In-depth knowledge of version control, preferably using Git
- Solid experience in Scripting languages (. Bash)
- Good understanding of DevOps concepts and best practices
- Strong command of the English language both speaking and writing
- It would be considered an advantage if you have experience with:
- Configuration Management tools (. Ansible)
- Containerization and orchestration technologies (preferably Docker, Kubernetes)
- Monitoring and Alerting tools (. Prometheus, Grafana)
- ELK/EFK, or Splunk
- CI/CD implementation expertise: Build Management, Deployment and Release Management Automation, preferably TeamCity (or similar CI engines/solutions, like Jenkins or Bamboo SQL
- Cloud solutions (Microsoft Azure, AWS)
- Windows OS administration
We work with security-classified projects, and therefore, you as an employee at Systematic need to be able to obtain security clearance. Read more here:
We offer you
- On-call fee on top of your salary package
- Support to develop and improve your skill set via training, courses, and certifications
- Opportunity to grow into a role highly in demand
- Up to 23 vacation days, 21 days standard to which 2 more days can be added if you have more than 10 years of work experience
- 3 sick days per year for all employees
- A flexible benefit program - you can mix your benefits choosing from different kind of Services on a very dynamic platform – Benefit Online, such as:
- Lunch in Systematics’ canteen
- Private medical subscription - you can choose from 3 providers
- Private pension
- Meal or vacation vouchers
- Much more available on the platform
We also offer fresh fruits and daily pastries which you can enjoy together with a cup of good coffee or tea on our nice terrace.
Have we not answered all of your questions?
You are welcome to contact Systematic Recruitment () if you wish to know more about this position. We continuously assess applications, as we wish to fill the position as soon as possible. Place of work is Bucharest. We look forward to hearing from you.