DevOps System Engineer for a range of Systematic products and projects
In Systematic we encourage product reliability, accountability, and innovation and we work towards it in the way a growing movement called Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) does it. As a DevOps System Engineer for our SRE team, you will contribute to the sustainable operation by using software development methods to control the operation. You will contribute to the expansion of our existing SRE unit and will help to shape our future work to optimize, scale, automate, and monitor solutions using new technologies. You will join a skilled SRE team whose work practices are based on the DevOps philosophy. Together with the team, you will ensure the reliable operation of applications for projects across the organization. In other words, you will take a leading role in shaping our delivery and mindset so IT and good business are aligned.
Here is a taste of what you will be doing:
- Operating, maintaining, and optimizing application solutions to ensure a high level of robustness and performance
- Automation of manual processes such as deployment, build pipelines and monitoring
- Discuss and assist with development projects to design operational solutions that create business value for our customers
- Improving tools, methods, and processes for all relevant operations
- Actively applying best practice activities, tools, processes, and methods
- Using your knowledge and experience to advise colleagues in best practice techniques and to implement operationally efficient products with high levels of availability
- Create stress-free shifts and daily work by having alarms and monitoring under control
Long term, you will be included in a 24/7 roster with your colleagues in the SRE team, working on a three week cycle.
Ideally, you will have experience in:
- Prometheus, ELK/EFK, or Splunk
- Bash or PowerShell scripting
- Cloud solutions (Microsoft Azure, AWS)
Last but not least, you speak and write English at an advanced level.
We work with security-classified projects, and therefore, you as an employee at Systematic need to have security clearance. Read more here: