DevOps Engineer – Monitoring Team
Allianz Services is proud to serve and be part of Allianz Group, one of the world's leading insurers and asset managers. Our strong global footprint, with around 4500 employees located across eight countries and four continents, enables us to unlock the full potential towards driving a superior client experience within Allianz Group.
We are Actuaries, Business Analysts, Finance Experts, Consulting Managers, HR People, Communication Professionals; Operation Engineers and Insurers; we are daughters and sons, mothers and fathers.
Our people are what matter most, rooted in our values, and we strive to continuously evolve, improve, and create a superior client experience while contributing successfully to the transformation of Allianz. Caring actively for the environment, for people, and for our customers is what makes us a great place to work and together we are shaping a better and more caring tomorrow.
Defining the Allianz Group’s digital future through a combination of technology trends such as cloud, micro-services, big data, and mobile, the Allianz Global Monitoring team requires individuals who are close to technology and love working in a tight-knit team.
The ideal candidate will prefer the excitement of shaping the technology evolution over following the beaten path and regards highly qualified colleagues not as competition, but as a learning opportunity. They will have good knowledge about concepts as well as hands-on experience with operational monitoring of Linux-based operating systems and services and also in operational and business monitoring of applications.
- Design, write and deliver software to improve the availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of new services delivered by Allianz Technology
- Solve problems relating to a new set of services delivered by Allianz Technology. Build automation to prevent problem recurrence
- Monitor and troubleshoot infrastructure, platform and application related issues
- Participate to the architectures and designs of large-scale platforms
- Engage in service capacity planning, software performance analysis and system tuning
- On call duty (24x7). Organize simulation sessions
- Familiar with Agile development practices, feel comfortable supporting an Agile development process (SCRUM, LeSS, Kanban, XP)
- Cloud System Architecture: conceptual knowledge and hands-on experience of systems management and monitoring functions. Understanding of cloud architecture concepts and styles (SaaS, PaaS and IaaS), containerization (Docker), orchestration (Kubernetes) and related concepts. Experiences with Cloud Foundry, OpenShift or Kubernetes are desired
- Experiences with end-to-end monitoring of cloud-ready applications and micro-services, including the infrastructure and platform-level monitoring
- Application Performance Monitoring: experiences and knowledge of metrics-based monitoring systems (Dynatrace, NewRelic or AppDynamics) and frameworks such as Graphite, InfluxDB, Prometheus, Grafana or similar
- Log Management: experiences with log-based monitoring systems and frameworks such as Splunk and Elasticsearch / Logstash / Kibana (ELK)
- Distributed tracing: basic knowledge of contemporary end-to-end tracing systems, such as Zipkin, Dapper, HTrace, X-Trace, etc.
- IT Automation: experience with configuration management system such as Puppet, Chef, Salt or Ansible
- Solid understanding of automation tool market trends and vendor positioning. Hands-on scripting and programming skills for cloud automation
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent with a focus on software engineering, large-scale system administration, networking or IT operations
- Team player, capable of collaborating in a fast-paced environment, as well as capable of working independently with a high level of self-motivation
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills with a systematic and goal oriented workstyle
- Expertise in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems
- Self-motivated to keep up-to-date with technological developments and trends
- Ability to deliver high-quality results under time-constraints and concurrent tasks
- Outstanding verbal and written English communication skills required, German desired
We place people at the core of what we do, this is why we are committed to your personal and professional growth:
- Complete training curricula available (tailored courses)
- International Certifications (Agile, Lean Six Sigma, Prince, ITIL, IFOA, ACCA, IACCM etc.)
- Comprehensive Leadership Programs
- All you can learn with LinkedIn Learning!
- German Language Courses for any level
- All you can read with Bookster!
We care about the performance of our employees and we know it can only be reached by ensuring you proper work-life balance:
- Work from Home Option available
- Get a free day on your Birthday or come at work and receive Gift Vouchers/Tickets!
- Go on Vacation and get a Holiday Bonus!
- WorldClass & 7Card Gym Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program - Helpline 24/7
Come to the Allianz side! We have attractive compensation and incentives:
- Fixed salary compensation along with rewards & recognition performance-related bonus scheme
- Meal and Gift Tickets
The personal information that you may provide to us (including sensitive information) may be provided to Hiring Managers for the purposes of assessing your suitability as a candidate.
Only suitable candidates will be contacted. All applications will be treated with confidentiality