Ubisoft's IT department is currently looking for an experienced Dev Ops Engineer to join the IT team in charge of developing the company’s E-Commerce ecosystem by building new features, integrating new services and keeping the storefront platform (based on Demandware) up to date.
E-Commerce activity has an international footprint and company-wide impact integrating virtually all Ubisoft’s customer facing services. The Dev Ops Engineer’s role will be that of a specialist and advocate for ensuring the high-availability and high performance of the entire E-Commerce eco-system. The Dev-Ops Engineer will collaborate with the Product Owner, Development Team, Network Services and other IT services to ensure that the Architecture, Development and Quality Assurance processes work together smoothly to ensure the system lives up to customers’ expectations.
The role will demonstrate strong organizational skills, outstanding communication and inner drive to succeed.
Ubisoft’s E-Commerce system is a fast developing segment, therefore the position requires strong understanding & experience in the area.
• 3 + years hands-on experience in System Administration and / or Web Applications development
• Proven experience with monitoring tools and configurations
• Log analysis using Elasticsearch, Kibana, Grafana
• Proficiency with scripting and scheduling jobs
• Ability to develop processes to ensure a scalable architecture
• Hands-on experience with Continuous Integration tools
• Proficient with software development tools/progress tracking and collaboration suites, GIT, Bitbucket, JIRA, Confluence, etc.
• Platform performance testing
• Proficient in scripting languages such as Bash/Python/ etc.
• Focused on business outcomes
• Comfortable with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders
• Proven ability to function effectively in a fast-paced international environment.
• Strong time-management skills and attention to details
• Capability of tracking, managing, and resolving multiple issues efficiently
• Strong interpersonal skills are a must
• Fluency in English both written and oral
• Always think and act with customer’s satisfaction in mind
• Drive high-quality results/deliveries through discipline and effective communication
• Define and follow application performance KPIs
• Collaborate with the Development team to implement an efficient development and deployment process that will facilitate the system’s health and performance
• Work together with other IT Teams and Services managers to constantly improve the integrations with the E-Commerce systems
• Implement automated monitoring and health checks
• Implement self-healing and adaptive mechanisms to ensure Architecture answers heavy usage
• Create a framework for automated development, deployment and configurations
• Build metrics driven software development environment with supporting reporting tools.
• Integrate all development tools for validation workflow including build, check-in, code review, code coverage, defect tracking system
· Creative / curious/ innovative: suggest improvements and offer alternative solutions
· Ability to ask in-depth questions, detect unstated assumptions and resolve conflicts
· Good team player, able to enter relationships based on openness, mutual respect and positive energy
· Foster a “do the right thing attitude” and take initiative beyond job specificities to have the projects/task advance
· Initiative-taker : display of persevering and autonomous traits
· Quality and result oriented
We offer a competitive salary, bonuses for your performances, medical services to keep you safe and sound, meal tickets for a happy lunch time and free access to a relaxation and fitness room.
But most of all, we guarantee you’ll enjoy our atmosphere and working environment.
Ubisoft is a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services, with a rich portfolio of world-renowned brands, including Assassin’s Creed, Just Dance, Tom Clancy’s video game series, Rayman, Far Cry and Watch Dogs. The teams throughout Ubisoft’s worldwide network of studios and business offices are committed to delivering original and memorable gaming experiences across all popular platforms, including consoles, mobile phones, tablets and PCs.
Ubisoft Romania is the first Ubisoft production studio outside France. The Romanian adventure, which began in 1992, is an exciting success story where Production, Test and Information Technology Department are its driving force.
Come and join our team of over 1600 professionals and help us create highly appreciated interactive entertainment products!