DevOps Engineer - Data Lake team
Middle (2-5 years)
As part of the Data Lake team, you will work on Big Data projects that process large volumes of data either in batch or real time, on premise and in the cloud.
The successful candidate will be an analytical person with a good technical background, and at least two years experience in Linux/Unix Administration. Previous experience in an infrastructure or DevOps team, with operational tasks besides development and implementation, is highly desirable.
- Work with development teams on the core infrastructure needs, standards and deployment scenarios.
- Sustain the existent core infrastructure and help in integrating new technologies, while ensuring system stability.
- Collaborate with fellow ranking administrators on setting up the infrastructure and CI/CD pipelines.
- Debug performance or deployment issues.
- Work with data scientists and other data analytics teams.
- Ensure proper documentation and traceability by improving deployment policies and procedures.
- Participate in the on-call rotation.
- A working understanding of coding and scripting (Bash, Python).
- Experience with automation/configuration management systems (Puppet, Ansible, Salt, Chef).
- Knowledge of container technologies (Docker).
- Experience with Amazon Web Services or other cloud providers.
- Experience with container orchestration solutions (Kubernetes).
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services.
- Working experience with RDBMS (MySQL, PostgreSQL).
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always available service.
- Ability to understand abstract requirements, define implementation steps and deliver results keeping the client’s needs in focus.
- High curiosity and self-driven nature, attention to details.
- Good team player and communication skills.
- Fast learner and willing to improve himself/herself daily.
- Self-motivated, resourceful person, able to work independently and interdependently and to manage priorities.
- Fluent in English.
- Knowledge of ELK Stack (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana).
- Familiarity with industry standard Big Data technologies from the Apache Hadoop environment
- An interest in data science related infrastructure.
Why join us:
- You want to be part of an exceptional experience, within a company that is constantly growing!
- You want to work with talented people who are industry pioneers!
- You want to join a global company and meet great people around the world!
- Or, just because you're looking for a fun place to work!
What Gameloft Bucharest can offer you even more?
- We have a flexible work schedule, including Short Friday and Work from Home program.
- Medical insurance package, in partnership with Regina Maria Clinic.
- Supportive working climate, a team with a free communication style.
- A chance to work in a real multicultural environment.
- Lunch tickets.
- Various team activities.
- A modern office complex including:
- Cafeteria with hot food open during working hours.
- Coffee, tea and fruits are at your disposal.
- Dedicated gym with personal trainers and various facilities.
- 3 massage rooms inside the building.
- Relaxation area with pool tables, ping pong tables, darts, Foosball.
- A dedicated kickboxing gym with free trainers and classes.
- Free aerobic, zumba, Pilates, healthy back, TRX classes inside the gym.
- Free access to football and basketball courts.
- Free psychological counseling.
- Kindergarten inside our courtyard.