Who we are:
Beck et al. Services is a modern global IT service provider of high performance infrastructures to medium and large business customers like Continental, Infineon, and KWS SAAT, Elit, Comelf, Mercury360. We create and run innovative solutions for businesses, applying agile methods and cloud automation.
We're looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer with good knowledge of AWS or Azure Cloud to join our Cloud & Analytics Team.
Your responsibilities will be:
Project Planning and execution
- Strategic project-planning participation.
- Provide input for system options, risk, impact and costs vs. benefits
- Cloud infrastructure solutions Design and implementation
- Translate technical requirements
- Define operational requirements and development forecasts
- Implement reusable components, APIs
- Developing apps (Full stack) for cloud management and orchestration
- Assist with all stages of testing
- Build automated deployments through the use of configuration management technology
- Deploy new modules and upgrades and complete fixes within the production environment
- Prepare modules ready for production following procedures
- Documenting knowledge transfer.
Maintenance and Troubleshooting
- Routine application maintenance tasks
- Perform script maintenance and updates.
- Create requirements and procedures for implementing routine maintenance.
- Troubleshooting existing environments and applications for errors and resolving those errors
Optimization and improvement
- Process automation
- Performance Management: evaluate existing applications and platforms, recommend performance improvements via gap analysis, identifying the most practical alternative solutions and assisting with modifications.
Technologies and tools required:
- Cloud platforms: AWS, Azure(at least one of them)
- IaaS (. EC2, S3, Blob)
- Containerization and Microservices (Kubernetes, EKS, Docker)
- Serverless (Lambda, Functions)
- Infrastructure as a Code (. Cloudformation, Terraform)
- Configuration management: Ansible, Chef, Puppet
- CI/CD: Jenkins, AWS Codebuild, Codedeploy, Azure Devops
- Build and Test: Cypress, Jest, Selenium
- Sourcecontrol: Github, Gitlab, Azure devops, AWS Codecommit
- Management and Collaboration tools: Azure Devops, Jira/Confluence
- Scripting:Bash, Powershell, Json, Python
Non-technical skills desired for the role:
- Ability to work autonomously in an agile environment
- Strategic thinking
- Communication & Collaboration skills
- Desire to experiment and learn new technologies
- Fluent in English (spoken & written), German language would be a strong plus
- You have a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or proven cloud know-how and experience (3+ years is preferably)
- We are a cross-functional team having all skills required to ship our results
- We frequently deliver business value to our customers
- We are encouraged to constantly improve ourselves
- We have a flat hierarchy with short communication ways
- We work in virtual global teams with other international professionals
- We value innovative ideas to advance
- We work in a friendly environment and have fun together at regular team events
Our offer includes also:
- Competitive remuneration package
- Meal tickets
- Private medical services
- Private pension program
- Monthly budget for transportation, sports, healthcare
- Extensive training and certifications on required technologies