As a DevOps Engineer you will support the team to fully leverage the digital architecture and Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment development pipeline.
The ideal candidate needs to have experience in continuous delivery automation, tests automation, cloud infrastructure, containers architecture and process (re)-engineering.
• Collaborates with the team to ensure operational performance;
• Supports the team on deployment schedule;
• Solves live performance and stability issues and prevent their recurrence;
• Provides recommendations to development teams based on operational analysis.
During product definition:
• Provides guidelines and expertise during the conception of the product tailored
• DevOps process;
• Provides expertise on DevOps tooling to ensure product optimal time-to-market and quality;
• Provides guidance in building an evolving solution based on containerization strategy.
During iterative continuous delivery:
• Ensures availability of continuous integration tooling;
• Ensures availability of testing tooling;
• Ensures availability of continuous deployment tooling;
• Ensures respect of principles of immutable architecture;
• Ensure maintaining and managing AWS cloud based production system
• Provides support for the DevOps tooling chain;
• Supports adoption of the Micro services Architecture;
• Validates the DevOps process performance;
• Provides help in solving the DevOps process or tooling issues;
• Ensures the centralization and communication around DevOps good practices.
Required competence, experience and education
• Technical expertise on version control software source code versioning, pipelines, integration, deployment and automation tools;
• Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools (Gitlab, BitBucket, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform);
• Experience with end-to-end DevOps process conception and implementation from business to ops;
• Reviewing and researching potential new products, communicating them to the wider team to highlight their potential;
• Knowledge of web hosting industry and associated technologies (Apache, NGINX)
• Strong background in Linux/Unix Administration;
• Strong knowledge of cloud solutions (Google Cloud Platform: Virtual Private Cloud, Google Compute Engine, Google Kubernetes Service, Google Container Registry, Google Cloud Storage);
• Ability to code and script (bash, PowerShell, Python);
• Ability to work with databases (MySQL);
• Strong problem-solving skills, intelligence and initiative;
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (detail oriented);
• A strong focus on business outcomes;
• Fluent in English (verbal and written);