Middle (2-5 years), Senior (5-10 years)
This job can be done remotely
Hiring candidates willing to relocate
Pentalog is looking for a DevOps Engineer with experience under his belt, who will join a long-term telecommunications project in our Brasov agency.
Our client is a top name on the continental European paging market, that offers a full range of alerting, business paging and data broadcast services.
About the project:
The company’s goal is to offer an easy and simple way for customers to send a message to a person or a device, by using different transport channels to increase reliability, service level & quality. Thus, the customer can take advantage of standard interfaces, in order to use the services without caring about the physical transmission channels transporting the message.
The solution requires the use of receivers that control energy sources and have a Digital Signature. These receivers are made by the client in collaboration with two producers and they are connected to the energy sources.
Your team’s mission is to help rewrite the version of the product’s protocol. The focus of your project is high availability and reliability, with emphasis on using best practices and Scrum.
Job requirements for the DevOps Engineer position:
- Experience with setting up RabbitMQ and maintaining a RabbitMQ cluster;
- 2+ years of experience with setting-up MySQL (MariaDB / Galera Cluster) with Master-Slave replica as well as debugging experience with performances and hanging queries;
- Good knowledge of setting up Docker images;
- Experienced in writing and reading bash scripts;
- Previous work with micro-services architecture with Docker Swarm / Kubernetes environment;
- Ability to communicate technical problematics to non-tech savvy clients;
- Strong ability to communicate and negotiate with a development team;
- Experience with Agile, Scrum and DevOps workflows;
- Ability to provide technical documentation & diagrams;
- Experience with reporting & providing visibility on progress;
- Good English language skills (spoken and written).
The benefits that come with the job:
- Healthcare benefits (Private Medical Insurance, various extra medical advantages);
- French and English courses;
- Free pass to learning platforms (O’Reilly, Safary Books, Pluralsight, Raywenderlich, MindTools);
- Meal vouchers;
- Mentorship programs;
- Access to a technology roadmap;
- Full support to upgrade yourself (conferences and certifications);
- New-born maternity grant;
- A front-row seat to our online PentaBARs.