Middle (2-5 years)
EA Sports DevOps Engineer
The Systems Engineer team is looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our team. We’re looking for candidates with experience in both network and Unix/Linux administration, with dedication, and passion for technology.
You will partner with the Operations Development Director and Technical Lead to estimate and deliver projects and achieve excellent results. You will work with large-scale systems, using a diversity of technologies. You will create new systems, maintain the existing ones, and you will contribute to automation in order to reduce manual tasks.
What will you do as a DevOps Engineer:
- Directly support game server environments, from development to production.
- Perform OS configuration, troubleshoot application, network, and server-level problems.
- Develop scripts and productivity enhancing tools for automation of system administration tasks
- Maintain documentation of systems configurations and procedures, including run-books for live support
- Support feature launches, live events, and emergency escalations
- Evaluate and adopt technologies to improve team efficiency and platform capabilities
- Work with a global team to implement new technologies and provide support within a follow the sun model
- Partner with Development, QA and other partner teams to implement and maintain secure and scalable infrastructure
We are looking for:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited education institution in Computer engineering, computer science, information systems or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience in Linux/Unix Systems administration (CentOS/RedHat), including implementation, administration, and support of important systems
- Hands-on experience working with network protocols and technologies (LDAP, DNS, DHCP, NFS, NAS, VPN, Firewall, Ethernet Switches and Routers, Sniffers, TCP/IP, Subnetting, VLANs)
- Knowledge of OS security fundamentals for publicly accessible Linux servers
- Experience working with automation systems such as Jenkins and distributed source control solutions such as GIT
- Knowledge in a common scripting language (Shell, Python)
- Keen interest in DevOps methodologies and technologies (Docker, Chef, Ansible)
- Passion about technology aligned with flexibility, enthusiasm and motivation to learn
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of Cloud-based server deployments (EC2, OpenStack)
- Knowledge of database concepts, database structures, relational data bases and related applications
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes great people to make outstanding games, we offer great compensation packages and a culture powered by creativity and individuality.