Middle (2-5 years), Senior (5-10 years)
I recruit candidates willing to relocate
Gross salary / month
1100 - 2000
Please note this is a long term contractor position (PFA, own company etc.).
As DevOps Engineer you will be involved in the further extension and improvements of our products.
More information of the products can be found on:
Function description (roles / accountabilities):
As part of the SIM 3D Platform team you will work closely with the software development engineers on the development and maintenance of software in Simcenter 3D. This role is supporting a fast paced, dynamic, agile development environment of several hundred developers.
You will be managing our Jira platform, hosted on a data center, supporting the underlying database. You will be responsible for day-to-day management and administration of JIRA. In addition this position may also have responsibilities for supporting project development environments, including builds and distributions, develop and maintain tools for development in Python or Java to support our Agile development process. When working on tools projects the person in this role will be on an Agile Scrum team, and will participate a daily scrum meeting acting as the technical resource for an agile scrum team and actively participate in the project planning, sprint planning, daily scrum, and sprint review.
Your more specific responsibilities will be to:
- Configure, maintain and manage Atlassian JIRA, including workflows, user accounts, custom fields, dashboards, reports, security schemas, issue schemas, project creation etc.;
- Work with stakeholders to determine ways to optimize/improve JIRA setup and workflows;
- Map current processes and establish goals for improving, automating and increasing the technical agility of the organization;
- Develop metrics, dashboards and advanced filters in JIRA to provide end-users and business leadership with meaningful operational/performance metrics and status reports;
- Provide end user coaching, training and support;
- Perform general JIRA design and development tasks, to include customization;
- Provide JIRA assistance, as needed, to development and project teams;
- Perform basic project management, communications and reporting duties;
- Help develop internal web sites using SharePoint;
- Develop tools to improve developer efficiency and productivity;
- Support building and distributing of project and group environments in support of a continuous integration system.
Educational Level: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field;
- 5+ years professional experience in software development;
Specific technical competencies:
- Experience with JIRA configuration and maintenance;
- Experience with a relational database (in support of JIRA);
- Experience with internal web tools: SharePoint, WIKI etc.;
- Modern programming language, preferably in Python, Perl, Java and C++;
- Experience with engineering and building large, complex software systems;
Languages: good knowledge of English (both written and spoken);
Specific personal competencies:
- Analytical mind, solution oriented, creative;
- High interest in ICT evolution (literature …);
- Team spirit and flexibility;