Software Dev Lead
Responded to 90% of applications in the past 30 days, typically in 3 days
Senior (5-10 years)
English - advanced
Axigen is a mail server multi-platform Linux/Windows product built upon a relatively large C++/C codebase.
The Development Lead role leads a team of 3-4 engineers (developers, quality assurance) extending and enhancing Axigen's mail server product.
- participates in establishing technical solutions given a set of requirements;
- provides time estimates, follows progress, identifies and addresses bottlenecks when implementing features;
- manages, guides and helps members of the team;
- communicates and collaborates with other teams in integrating newly developed features.
- proficiency in C++/C;
- socket programming;
- a good understanding of an application within an operating system: IPC, memory management, I/O;
- fluent in English.
Nice to have
- knowledge on mail related protocols: SMTP, IMAP, POP3;
- a good understanding of HTTP and web apps;
- experience with build systems (CMake, make);
- experience analysing and diagnosing defects and performance issues in high volume apps;
- a good understanding of a server’s security model: trusted and untrusted input;
- a good understanding of cluster architecture;
- experience with i18n: UTF8, libICU;
- experience with flex/bison;
- experience with XML.
- work from home policy;
- flexible working hours;
- central office near Piața Universității.
Founded as GECAD Technologies in 2001 the company became Axigen Messaging in 2012. Separated from the GECAD Group by 2014 the company with 100% Romanian ownership focuses ever since on the development & distribution of innovative messaging solutions.
Since its first release in 2005 Axigen was continuously improved and extended, with the next major version being expected in 2021. The software is currently supported on both Windows and most used Linux flavors (RPM distributions, Debian).
Axigen’s customer base is extremely diverse, covering from telcos, ISPs, private companies, and banks to academic and government institutions worldwide.