Global Production Service (GPS) is a global, internal creative agency. Our expertise ranges from brand development to high-volume content production, with studio capabilities in design, UX, video and photography. We partner with Amazon businesses to delight customers and drive engagement.
Amazon Romania is looking for a talented, efficiency driven design technologist to join our team. Your primary focus will be to drive efficiencies and build workflow improvements for repetitive, low to medium complexity design tasks, supporting our team’s focus shift towards medium to high complexity design work. You will be in close collaboration with design leads, site merchandisers, product management, business teams and designers across international locations.
What are we looking for in you?
· Develops small-medium prototypes for straightforward technical problems (. components, small features) and builds efficiencies in the design workflow.
· Builds prototype solutions that answer questions about the design, usability, feasibility, and desirability of proposed CXs.
· Produces working samples and reference code that demonstrate how a desired efficiency could be implemented.
· Makes great customer experiences rather than just imagine them.
· Pattern-matches against existing designs, Amazon-brand guidelines, and team-specific design patterns
· Documents prototypes to ensure future generations of DTs understand the intent behind the prototypes already built and the learnings that came along.
· Templatizes repeatable content.
· Delivers fast “hack” type solutions in an Agile workflow with rapid iterations.
· The deliverables are based on requirements provided by others; the DT actively seeks input and guidance from senior team members/designers or PMs.
· Works effectively with stakeholders (., designers, engineers, product managers) to understand business impact, and identify opportunities/problems arising from technical decisions.
· Actively seeks knowledge.
· Familiar with different aspects of UX design, including density (amount of content presented to customers), diversity (amount of variation in the design), and design language/systems (principles and processes used to create the logic and structure of the design elements).
· Ability to work with existing designs, Amazon-brand guidelines, and team-specific design patterns, with some direction.
· Able to propose UX solutions and refine them to ensure they are meeting customer needs.
· Engineering background with Design Knowledge (. BE/BTECH, BCA/MCA, or equivalent experience)
· Able to take a defined UX idea, turn it into code, and deliver prototypes, working samples, and/or reference code on schedule
· Understands UI, UX and software development best practices.
· Familiar with the technologies utilized in the product domain.
· Able to work with engineering teams and assist in handing off code that is moving from prototype to production.
· Able to help non-technical partners understand the limitations and constraints of the delivery platform.