Design Liaison Engineer Gasturbine- Mechanical
Entry (0-2 years), Middle (2-5 years), Senior (5-10 years), Executive (>10 years)
This job is inactive, but you can still send your resume to the company
The main objective for the Liaison Mechanical Engineer is to
• introduce NPIs to manufacturing , bridge between design team and manufacturing/ test line. Provide solution and follow up with Houston design team , get their approval and make the drawings/ specs revised
• lead continues cost out activities and design improvements on product, initiate own ideas, collect ideas from the team and make the changes aligning to Houston design team
• ensure Design engineering provides support on critical business issues requiring interaction with manufacturing, sourcing, services, suppliers, customers, and other engineering teams.
• must ensure the seamless transfer of any defects and/or product improvements to requisition, design, and product line while providing feedback to manufacturing and/or suppliers.
• be product owner on assigned product lines and increase team knowledge about product, manufacturing, supplier, services, and final customer costs.
II. Key Accountabilities:
The Liaison Engineer must demonstrate leadership in communicating business goals/programs/processes/issues/product improvements for the Design Engineering team. Ability to exercise experience and/or expertise to solve issues quickly while under pressure is critical in this role. Fulfillment on units that involve issues is a key priority.
- Provide technical support/recommendations while ensuring communication to Global Supply Chain and Engineering.
- Promote technical excellence and support groups through design/technical review participation, lessons learned awareness and application, and technical innovation/growth fostering.
- Establish and maintain relationships with required external (. vendors, customers) and internal (Global Supply Chain Management, Requisitions, Product Line Leaders) interfaces to ensure that customer requirements are understood and being achieved.
- Thoroughly investigate technical information and communicate all impacts effectively.
- Ensure positive actions are taken to encourage growth, technical development, and improved interpersonal skills.
- Generate/Implement initiatives to continuously improve the responsiveness and efficiency to customer/business needs.
- Develop and drive initiatives to promote "no barriers" interaction between manufacturing, engineering, sourcing, and services.
- Knowledge of drawings (F&IDs/P&IDs/Schematics/Assemblies/Fabrications/Wiring Diagrams) and Bill of Material Structures.
- Experienced understanding of medium/low voltage equipment, control system architectures, auxiliary systems and associated Mechanical compliance in relation to codes such as NEC, IEC, CSA, etc.
- Active participation on mandatory EHS trainings and events.
- Follow EHS rules and warn others to follow the rules.
- Immediately report the incidents and near misses to the direct reports and EHS dept.
- Immediately shut down the operation when realized life or serious injury risk present.
- Further tasks not involved in this Job Description, that the immediate leader/manager assigns with verbally or in writing.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Physics
- Extensive experience in an engineering role
Masters of Science in Engineering
- Fluent in English and in Hungarian
- Effective team building and problem solving abilities
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Able to interface effectively with all levels of the organization and external customers
- Experience interacting heavily with Manufacturing and Sourcing organization
- Experience performing RCAs on manufacturing or supplier issues
- Green belt certification (Internal GE only)