Deal Specialist – German
The Deal Specialist is a partner for the Sales team, offering support mainly for pre, but also for post-sales activities in order to secure the successful outcome of the negotiation process. The position involves working in a multi-cultural environment and covering multiple countries and/or lines of business. The work is fast-paced and seasonal in nature, corresponding with Oracle’s quarterly and annual fiscal cycles.
The Deal Specialist creates and validates contract documentation using Oracle's standard document templates, a set of contract options and in accordance with Oracle's policies and approvals, in response to requests received from Sales. Given the business complexity, the contracts may require non-standard terms, subject to further analysis related to approvals and clauses creation. For that purpose, the Deal Specialist follows defined engagement guidelines to liaise with other Deal Management teams, Finance, Legal and other groups across Oracle to ensure policy compliance and mitigate corporate risk. Duties and tasks are standard with some variation, in accordance with the role’s specifics.
• 2 years experience in contracts, purchasing, or equivalent.
• Fluency in English and German languages
• Able to complete own role largely independently within defined policies and procedures
• Effective teamwork and collaboration skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Sound planning & organizing, detail oriented, time management skills.
• Good command of MS Office.
• Flexible to change priorities and adjust to daily business requirements.
• Able to work effectively under time critical deadlines and pressure.
• Demonstrates resilience in times of change and uncertainty.
• Strong personal drive and self-motivator.
• Excellent customer service skills and proactive attitude.
• Experience in handling standard contractual documents is a plus.
• Knowledge of Oracle policies and procedures is preferred.
• Must be fluent in local languages for contracting countries.
• Ability to evaluate alternative courses of action, together with problem solving and decision making skills