Technology is a playground for ideas!
Vodafone Shared Services Romania is the place to make them come to life.
If you want to invest more in a career rather than just a job,
Meet us, Join us, Grow with us!
We stay hungry and true to our core values by recruiting people who are fun, passionate, open, and question everything.
Reflect on what your motivation is to come on board! We’re eager to hear your story.
We live and thrive in an ever-changing environment where creativity and productivity are key, within working hours, of course.
Your day to day
The engineers are part of the VF DEDB-Engineer team (a future team in T5, created from formerly ADBA team) supporting DB-Engineer VF DE. They are responsible to explore and engineer new databases, functions, features, and types needed for future applications via incoming project requests. Additionally they have to bring such new databases into the core of CI/CD: the pipelines for automated deployments. You will be involved in project realization with enabling new features, functions and additional database derivate Also, expanding project scope to CI/CD value (developing / integration of automated deployments (with Liquibase, DDT, etc.).
With these activities you will have a great impact on our business
- Develops strategies for the conception, implementation and securing of a general database standard in the sense of the architectural specifications
- Is responsible for the planning, initiation and implementation of projects for the consolidation, optimization and redesign of the existing hardware and software architectures and evaluation and introduction of new database technologies / features
- Supports project managers and architects in planning and implementation with his specialist knowledge with regard to a smooth transfer of operations. Makes operational decisions for the databases with regard to their operational optimization and availability
- Optimises the End to End chain regarding Automation of DB deployments, incl. tool verification in the meaning of CI/CD
- Reviews new/needed standard DB functions and features and start them up into production / operation
- Analyse new DB types and their commitment in the public cloud (. AWS)
- Engineers database solutions for local and global DBA parties (monitoring, masking and automation tools and features)
With these skills you are a great candidate:
- Completed technical or industrial engineering degree or longitme experience in the field of IT infrastructure and data center, IT operation, IT engineering.
- Experience in IT, preferably in IT consulting, IT architecture environment, database solution engeneering
- Experience of project experience (. conception of standardized DB environments, migration projects, introduction of new software, etc.)
- Good knowledge in server and client hardware, operating systems, databases and standard applications (ERP, CRM, billing)
- Good ITIL knowledge
- Good technical knowledge of the following products in large heterogeneous IT infrastructures (Oracle databases, MongoDB, Cassandra)
Good knowledge of the technologies (Jenkins, BitBucket, Nexus, Groovy, Terraform (IaC), Ansible, Docker) and products used in large, heterogeneous IT infrastructures and the services they provide
Sounds like the perfect job? We’ve got even more to offer:
- Work from Home – You can get to work remotely from anywhere you choose!
- Medical and dental services
- Life insurance
- Dedicated employee phone subscription
- Special discounts for gyms and retailers
- Annual Company Bonus
- Ongoing Education
- You get to work with tried and trusted web-technology
- Getting in on the ground floor of an technology changing company
- Flexible Vacation
The future is exciting. Ready?