Fusion Application Technologies Support Team is expanding to support our rapidly increasing customer base. The team collaborates with development in supporting existing and new customers. It is a unique opportunity to be part of the future of Oracle Support and help shape the organization to benefit our customers, employees and the organization overall. If you are excited by the notion of being able to define a group from early stages on and shape our collective future then this is the place to be.
The position is for the Fusion Applications Technologies team & focus area is Performance.
Performance team interacts with customers & will play a critical role in providing mission critical support in performance triage and resolution for Fusion SaaS cloud environments.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
– Lead and drive closure of Customers Performance issues by closely working with Cloud Performance, PSR and Product Development etc.
– Effectively communicate with both internal and external customers through both written and verbal forms
– Participate within post mortem investigations and provide review and resolution suggestions for both internal and external customer consumption
– Participate in external customer meetings to review and address received escalations and communicate next steps in performance experience improvement for their respective Fusion Cloud Environments.
– Drive skill set improvement and product/environment support knowledge through the team consumption of new documentation and best practice information delivered from Core Product teams
– Automation with diagnostic improvements and rollout of fully automated solution to uncover performance issues in Fusion SaaS environment and thereby fixing of such issues by working with Cloud Performance team in improving customer satisfaction.
– Ability to articulate complex customer performance issues to Cloud Performance team & partner with them for resolution.
– Responsible for analyzing and recommending solutions to performance problems with enterprise business applications.
– Experience in Profiling and monitoring tools, Network monitoring, Fiddler etc– Strong knowledge of performance concepts such as response time, throughput, system resource utilization.
– Strong knowledge of DB performance area such as analyze AWR , SQLHC , Explain plan and identify slow SQL issue in Oracle Database.
– Experience in using Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control to analyze performance bottlenecks
– Experience in analyzing JFR, Heap Dump, Stuck Threads etc
– Analyzes the design and architecture of enterprise business applications and components to study the performance characteristics of the applications. Identifies and drives optimization changes in the application design & production environment to improve customer experience for mission/business critical IT applications.
– General knowledge of the following categories of network systems: Multiprocessing, Threading, Distributed systems, Load Balancing and High Availability
– Exposure to Software profiling and performance tuning knowledge . JProfiler
– Familiarity with Java Heap heuristics and garbage collection policies
– Good knowledge of Java profiling tools
– Expert in troubleshooting and analyzing HeapDump, Memory, JFR & Stuck Threads Analysis
– Exposure to Scripting
– Exposure to CDN Akamai
– Exposure to Performance Load Testing
Required/ nice to have Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Background:
– Engineering/Master’s degree in Electronics / Computers / Electrical or equivalent with a solid foundation in complex software system design and development
– 10+ years of relevant industry work experience
– Prior experience in mission–critical support role in Performance, Resizing, Scalability, Disaster Recover and Automation
– Familiarity of industry change management best practices
– Strong written and verbal communication skills to coordinate with local and English oriented teams
– Project planning and management experience
– Knowledge of Oracle Enterprise Linux, Red Hat, and/or other Oracle Linux platforms
– Basic Knowledge on any of the scripting language - Python, Perl, CGI, C, shell scripting, and PHP
– Strong technical knowledge in WebLogic 11g/12c –Architecture, Performance Tuning, configuration, memory management, debugging (heap, thread); Web Servers; Java/JVMs Seasoned and in-depth/internals experience is must; Experience in JAVA internals, Garbage Collections, threads and work manager; Operator level experience is not sufficient.
– Strong technical knowledge in Oracle Fusion Middleware (SOA, BAM etc), Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE), and Oracle service oriented architecture (SOA), Oracle Data Integrator, J2EE
– Good knowledge in Oracle Database (RAC, ASM) on Oracle Exadata machines
– Strong technical knowledge in Oracle Enterprise Manager Grid Control 12c
– Strong technical knowledge in WebLogic Administration, Network, Storage appliances and System Administration.
– Good technical knowledge of current network hardware and standards
– Hands–on hardware and software troubleshooting experience in Fusion Middleware, WebLogic and Fusion Application or any ERP products
– Certification(s) in Administration of: Oracle Database, WLS, SOA
Required Personal Attributes
– Strong customer service orientation
– Proven analytical and problem–solving abilities
– Good written and oral communication skills
– Enriching interpersonal skills
– Ability to present ideas in business–friendly and user–friendly language
– Highly self-motivated and directed
– Keen attention to detail
– Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high–pressure environment
– Experience working in a team–oriented, collaborative environment
– Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills
– Ability to work in an extremely fast paced and challenging environment
– Excellent command of written and spoken English
– Ability to work in a fast paced environment on multiple issues at a time with individuals from multiple departments, regions and cultures.