Database Administrator (DBA)
Visma offers software and services that simplify and digitize core business processes in the private and public sector. The Visma group operates across the entire Nordic region along with Benelux, Central and Eastern Europe. With more than10Kemployees, one million customer contracts and net revenue of €one point two billion in2018, Visma is one of Europe’s leading software companies.
IT service delivery in the digital age means rapid growth and major changes as emerging technologies introduce paradigm shifts. Cloud service delivery is the next major driver. Success in changing environments
requires the ability to innovate, design and deliver while providing steady and secure IT deliveries.
In addition to providing IT services to our customer portfolio, Visma IT provides all Visma business units with the tools and infrastructure they need to deliver state-of-the-art solutions and services to their customers. By giving employees access to the right technology, we ensure quality at all stages of the customer journey. We also provide data storage in on-premise environments, in hosting environments and in the cloud, both public and private.
Our international teams base their work on an extensive knowledge of IT service delivery in both on-premise environments and the public and private cloud. Security is our number one priority, and to ensure that we
comply with all laws and regulations, we are ISO certified in the areas of security, quality, project management and IT service delivery.
About the job
Visma IT & Communications is looking for a passionate Database Administrator (DBA)
You must have a drive to develop high quality processes that will run in an unusually complex technical environment. You will be a member of the database operations team., where your skills and contributions to manage our databases will be very visible. You must love to help team members and to receive help from them. The team is international so you will use English both written and orally. If the descriptions above fit you, and you can check several of the following bullets, Visma IT & Communications can offer you a very interesting work and competitive terms.
*Master's or Bachelor's degree in related fields, with an overall minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
* In depth knowledge of processes, research and performance analysis capabilities
* Negotiation capabilities and problem solving mindset
* 2+ years hands-on MS SQL Server database administration experience
* Experience with configuring, troubleshooting and maintenance activities
* Knowledge and experience in T-SQL
* Excellent written and verbal communication (English is a must)
* Ability to multi-task and context-switch effectively between different activities
* Attention to details and ability to work in a structured way
* Understanding the IT Service industry as well as the relevant marketplace
* Effectively cope with change; comfortably adjust to alterations in work activities; able to decide and act with limited information; effectively handle risk and uncertainty in ambiguous situations
* Demonstrated resilience, diplomacy, influence, relationship building, and problem solving skills in a variety of situations
* Highly effective written and oral communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills and experience dealing effectively with a wide range of people
* Digital skills (. G Suite).
* Customer oriented behavior
* Fast learner - research capabilities for obtaining required information.
* An advantage: Experience working with Windows Server clustering
* An advantage: Microsoft SQL server related certifications
* An advantage: Experience with Azure or AWS
* An advantage: Experience with PowerShell
* An advantage: Experience with other Databases Engines and Operating System rather than MS SQL Server and Windows Server
* Take release packages from engineering and integrate it into our production and pre-production environments
* Install, configure, test and patch operating systems and middleware, including security packages
* Work with different internal teams to understand product domains and address documentation/training needs
* Maintain and grow a production environment in a way that makes the system increasingly maintainable
* Participate in support for production issues and upgrades, and pre-production installations at varying levels
* Monitor performance for database services that are provided to customers
* Work to resolve a running queue of database support tickets and debug complex problems as they arise
What Visma offers:
We offer an exciting position in an international working environment where you will be part of a dynamic and highly skilled international team. You will have good opportunities for career development through internal training and diverse work assignments in a prominent international company. We offer competitive terms and conditions.