The employer is not currently actively recruiting for this position, but you can apply for the ad.
Senior (5-10 years)
* all languages are compulsory
We are looking for an experienced Database Administrator to join our ranks.
- Setting-up and maintaining company’s databases.
- Setting-up and maintaining replication, High Availability, backup and disaster recovery strategies.
- Monitoring health and performance for several servers on a daily basis.
- Reporting query performance issues to the product teams (and suggesting optimizations);
- Troubleshooting and fixing performance issues (tuning configuration options).
- Working with several product teams to make sure their queries are designed for performance.
- Involved in the database design process, advises the developers on how to design new databases and how to optimize the structure of existing databases.
- Involved in the definition of the Data Bases setup and evolution strategy: hardware, virtualization, cloud, etc.
- Advanced knowledge and experience in MySQL and/or PostgreSQL database architecture and system design.
- Advanced knowledge and experience in MySQL and/or PostgreSQL database performance tuning principles.
- Experience as a DBA in a high traffic, transactional environment.
- Experience with High Available database systems.
- Experience with scalability mechanisms for DBs.
- Ability to work cooperatively with software engineers and system administrators.
- Problem-solving expertise and attention to detail
- Experience in Linux environment with understanding of the operating system.
- Advanced knowledge and experience in physical and logical database design.
- Support operations for both development and production databases.
- Experience and success in automating administrative tasks.
- Ability to work on call and provide 24/7 production support.
- Self-motivated, eager to learn and face challenges.
Perks and benefits:
Headquarters in the heart of the city, at Unirii Square
Private Medical Subscription
Daily Catered Lunch
Our own in-house gym, health & well-being programs
Bookster subscription & Books corner (online and offline)
Fun corner: pool, ping pong table, PS4, lots of board games
Internal & external training
Team Activities, Friday Bars, Summer Party & Christmas Party (we like to ‘Work hard, party harder’)
Extra vacation days with every year inside the company