Data Production Transmission_Engineer 2nd line
Entry (0-2 years), Middle (2-5 years)
English - Advanced
* all languages are compulsory
Your day to day:
- Provides specific 2nd Line technical services related to live information systems of other telecommunications operators (Vodafone OpCos, JVs, etc.).
- Ensures the development, implementation, modification, testing and harmonization of software and hardware solutions of information systems and telecom applications existing in the networks of operators, in order to meet the quality and response time requirements of projects.
- At the request of customers (Vodafone OpCos), it identifies, develops and implements solutions for solving the high complexity deficiencies of software and hardware in the respective networks. The solutions provided involve changes in existing software systems or the implementation of new components to improve and develop the functionality of current systems.
With these activities you will have a great impact on our business:
- Implementation of new software solutions and functionalities
- Evaluation and optimization of software and hardware performance of information systems
- Development and design of customized software solutions, applications in a defined framework and in accordance with the requirements of telecom operators
- Adaptation of software packages using specific machine code programming languages for equipment in order to stabilize and optimize customers' telecommunications networks
- Configuration, integration and optimization of network software parameters in accordance with the defined quality criteria, using languages and programming methods specific to telecom applications
- Testing software packages / applications on the test environment in order to identify and remedy malfunctions, followed by implementation on the production environment.
- Emergency remediation by software or hardware reconfiguration of elements in telecom networks by specific telecom programming methods.
- Carrying out periodic preventive checks of the systems using software programs specially developed in order to identify and solve the latent software and hardware deficiencies of the telecom systems.
With these skills you are a great candidate:
- Knowledge and proven work experience in Microwave / SDH / Ethernet / IP protocols;
- Operating systems, databases, computer applications specific to mobile and fixed telecommunications
- English written and spoken
- Other languages of wide European circulation - written and spoken, preferably Italian
- Preferably higher technical studies (.: Electronics and telecommunications University, Automation and Computers University, Informatics University, etc.)
- Certifications from vendors of computer systems for fixed and mobile telecommunications (Cisco, Oracle, HP, IBM, Ericsson, Huawei, Nokia, Alcatel, etc.) are desirable
Sounds like the perfect job? We’ve got even more to offer:
- In this pandemic period we have 100% work from home for your safety. After this pandemic period we have 2 days work from home per week!
- Medical and dental services
- Life insurance
- Dedicated employee phone subscription
- Special discounts for gyms and retailers
- Annual Company Bonus
- Ongoing Education – we continuously invest in you to ensure you have everything needed to excel on the job and enhance your skills
- You get to work with tried and trusted web-technology
- Getting in on the ground floor of and technology changing company
- Flexible Vacation – Take time off when you need it, we trust you!
Sounds interesting? Apply!