Data Insights Specialist
At Vodafone, we’re working hard to build a better future. A more connected, inclusive and sustainable world. As a dynamic global community, it's our human spirit, together with technology, that empowers us to achieve this.
We challenge and innovate in order to connect people, businesses, and communities across the world. Delighting our customers and earning their loyalty drive us, and we experiment, learn fast and get it done, together.
With us, you can be truly be yourself and belong, share inspiration, embrace new opportunities, thrive, and make a real difference.
Your day to day:
- The purpose of the Data Insights Specialist role is to translate data into meaningful information that promote business performance and enable data driven decision-making.
- The Data Insights Specialist is responsible to create data models and to provide visibility and analysis over key business measurements and performance indicators within the customer organization.
- This includes assessing and defining requirements, designing tailored solutions based on business stakeholders needs and creating fully digitized dashboards that meet the acceptance criteria.
- Providing data and business insights based on the trends, patterns and anomalies observed represent the added value that the role can bring into the business.
With these activities, you will have a great impact on our business:
- Create data models and digitized dashboards using Power BI tool in order to enable business stakeholders to take data driven decisions in a SAFe based environment
- Understand and apply the data architecture best practices [. 1NF, 2NF, 3NF and 4NF data normalization rules, data validation and consistency, etc.] in the data models created, while devising and implementing automation solutions for data collection, consolidation and visualization;
- Work with business stakeholders to define metrics and performance indicators which are relevant to the business needs and goals.
- Support the business stakeholders to define clear requirements and acceptance criteria for the assigned projects/tasks. Drive change in the existing business as usual activity.
- Create insights from the existing data by analysing trends, distributions, anomalies etc. and highlight the findings to the relevant audience.
- Develop BI architecture and date flows based on Microsoft solutions (SharePoint, Microsoft Azure SQL DB, Power BI) and/or Google solutions (Dynamo, Google Cloud Big Query, Data Studio/ Tableau)
- Analysis of data quality issues and error-handling
- Support BI system operations (. ETL, user access management, deployments, system monitoring)
- Identifies optimization capabilities for the data model and architecture and implements them in close cooperation with PMO
With these skills, you are a great candidate:
- Experience of 4+ years in a role that requires extensive data analysis and structure of big volumes of data;
- Excellent data management skills in Excel, Power BI and relational databases;
- Previous experience in designing and implementing dashboards using business intelligence tools [Power BI preferred];
- Outstanding analytical skills combined with a consultative approach towards the business stakeholders;
- Good communication skills. Confident to work remotely, to drive initiatives and to build trustful relationships with stakeholders on various level in the organization
- Extensive experience with agile working methods, ideally also with the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- University degree, preferred in computer science / statistics / economics / mathematics / statistics or equivalent;
- Excellent English skills (verbal and written);
- Excellent data modelling and statistical skills;
- Knowledge of relational databases principles is a must.
- Ability to spot deviations, discover hidden trends and patterns and ultimately conceive meaningful insights that address business problems.
- Very good MS Office skills
- Essential: MS Power BI skills
- Essential: SQL, JSON, DAX, Power Query (“M”)
- Good to have: Experience in GCP (Google Cloud Platform)
- Good to have: Experience in Google Data Studio and/or Tableau and/or Qlik
- Experience with project & work management tools (. Jira, PPM)
- High motivation, initiative, flexibility and dynamism
- Very good conceptual skills and strategic thinking
- Precise presentation of concepts and results
Sounds like the perfect job? We’ve got even more to offer:
- In this pandemic period we have 100% work from home for your safety.
- Medical and dental services
- Life insurance
- Dedicated employee phone subscription
- Special discounts for gyms and retailers
- Annual Company Bonus
- Ongoing Education – we continuously invest in you to ensure you have everything needed to excel on the job and enhance your skills
- You get to work with tried and trusted web-technology
- Getting in on the ground floor of and technology changing company
- Flexible Vacation – Take time off when you need it, we trust you!
Sounds interesting? Apply!
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised and rewarded. We are committed to promoting Inclusion for All with the belief that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business. We actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of our journey.