Got a head full of idea?
To ensure success as a Data Engineer, you should demonstrate flexibility, creativity, and the capacity to receive and utilize constructive criticism. A formidable Data Engineer will demonstrate unsatiated curiosity and outstanding interpersonal skills.
Our future colleague is willing to keep up with industry trends and best practices, advising senior management on new and improved data engineering strategies that will drive departmental performance leading to improvement in overall improvement in data governance across the business, promoting informed decision-making, and ultimately improving overall business performance.
- We’re looking for a senior engineer focusing on streaming data solutions for a real-time systems. As a Data Engineer, your primary duties will be related to the help design and maintain data stores for different micro-services using a variety of databases as well as the data stream between them.
- Good understanding of how to apply technologies to solve data problems and can build large-scale data processing systems for the enterprise.
- Develop, maintain, test and evaluate their solutions with a larger team, and provide necessary feedback and recommendations as needed.
- He/she will have to work either in a team or as an individual, proving good communication skills and autonomy.
- Gather, document and analyze reporting requirements for a project.
- Implement solutions in specific apps and tools.
- Excellent knowledge of Kafka, KSQL.
- Good understanding of PostgreSQL.
- Good understanding of NoSQL and relational databases.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience.
- Good knowledge of CI/ CD and associated best practices.
- Knowledge of algorithms and data structures.
- Familiarity with Docker-based development and orchestration.
Nice to have:
- Elastic-search, Click house, RabbitMQ, NoSQL, and/or MSSQL.
- Prior knowledge of any Apache streaming projects such as Spark, NiFi, Fling, Flume, Kafka Streams, Ignite etc will be considered an asset.
- Bachelor’s degree in Data Engineering, Big Data Analytics, Computer Engineering, or related field.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- A knack for independent and group work.