The employer is not currently actively recruiting for this position, but you can apply for the ad.
Sustainalytics is a Morningstar company dedicated to responsible investment with over 25 years' experience in ESG research and ratings. With an extensive client base across asset managers, asset owners and investment banks, our mission is to provide the insights required for investors and companies to make more informed decisions that lead to a more just and sustainable global economy.
As Morningstar’s ESG center of excellence, we are responsible for driving both the commercial success and innovation of its ESG products as well as its overall ESG strategy.
In these times, we rely on virtual team meetings and management practices, as well as a remote buddy program, to support a smooth integration in our virtual offices. New team members are onboarded and start their first day with the company from the safety of their homes.
For more information, visit
The Digital Operations team ensures a smooth digital integration among several teams within the organization, aiming to facilitate information flows across the research value chain. The team activates in a highly dynamic environment with comprehensive data architecture and decentralized constant process adjustments.
The team’s main operational functions:
1. Manage, from a business perspective, the data related to the researched subjects that are sourced by our data providers.
2. Support the client relations team to address clients’ requests and inquiries with respect to specific research needs.
3. Work closely with the ICT teams to provide the necessary technical configuration of the internal and external platforms and tools.
4. Facilitate process definition and validation of research information flows and handles complex cross-team issues.
5. Lead ad hoc cross-team quality and efficiency improvement projects.
The Associate Data Analyst in the Digital Operations team will be involved in a broad range of tasks, combining independent work and collaboration with various stakeholders with the aim to deliver timely and high-quality research to our clients. The main responsibilities for this position will be:
• Manage, from a data and business perspective, the code & scripts related to the processes that govern our daily activities. Validate and intervene when required by DOT leadership within our monthly or quarterly iterations.
• Support the client relations team by providing information related to the research entities existing in our products. For this purpose, you will collaborate with colleagues from all over the world to ensure timely support for the company’s clients and prospects.
• Collaborate with ICT teams to provide the necessary configuration of the internal and external tools and platforms to enable access for specific stakeholders.
• Collaborate with various stakeholders in the company to innovate the way we deliver data to achieve operational excellence.
• Familiar with database and reporting tools - SQL and PowerBI.
• Good knowledge of Python programming language,
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and good overall knowledge of Microsoft Office package.
• MUST be a Team Player; with a positive attitude; willingness to roll up the sleeves and deep dive into finding answers to simple yet multiple layered questions and providing solutions to complex problems
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, combined with meticulous attention to details
• Ability to work towards fast-moving, strict deadlines, that are set with high-quality standards
• Flexible mindset with strong ability to adapt to constantly shifting business requirements and needs
• Proficient business English oral and writing skills (the company’s working language is English);
Nice to have
- Good knowledge of the R programming language
• Master or bachelor’s degree in related discipline - business, finance, science, or ICT;
• Project Management background is highly appreciated,
• Knowledge and understanding of the services industry (preferably the financial service industry in combination with the SRI/RI market);
• Passion about global sustainability issues like environmental protection or human rights.