Customer Quality Engineer
Partially remote job (working time will be divided between remote and company's headquarters)
Quality Engineer is responsible for providing technical expertise and guidance to lead, support and continuously improve the quality planning activities including: Customer activities, assisting in Corrective Action activities, quality reporting, acting as a communication link between KERO and the customer, and pursuing continuous improvement.
Main areas of responsibility:
A. Providing technical expertise and guidance to lead
- Important part of Quality Team and important role in Certification stage of the company
- Sets up production process from quality perspective
- Quality Systems implementation and execution (NPI, MRB, Continuous improvement, Corrective Actions)
- Quality Management Systems (QMS)
B. Support and continuously improve the quality planning activities including:
- Customer activities
- Lead the development and insure the integrity of the APQP documentation set
- Quality reporting
- Assist and lead Six Sigma Green and Black Belt projects for a combined Quality savings
C. Assists in Corrective Action activities
- Collaborate with other internal and external (both customer and supply base) functions to pursue Quality issue resolution
- Acting as a communication link between KERO and the customer
- Pursuing continuous improvement
Studies and experience:
- +5 years’ work experience
- +3 years of experience in a similar role
- +3years of experience of electronics manufacturing
- University Technical studies
- Knowledge of ISTS 16949 requirement and Statistical Quality Control.
- Knowledge of standard quality tools such as: FMEA (Failure Modes Effect Analysis), SPC (Statistical Process Control), 8D, PPAP (Production Parts Approval Process),Control Plan, Pareto analysis, Gage Repeatability and Reproducibility (GR&R)
- Provide leadership to the program teams and, if requested, other elements of the Quality Engineering organization
- Trustworthy – Insures completion of program objectives and able to keep business confidences as required
- Open-minded – Willing to embrace change
- Ability to communicate at all levels and to external organizations
- Ability to explain technical issues to non-technical audiences
- Ability to teach and share information
- Good presentation skills and phone etiquette
- Goal oriented and able to lead change
- Takes the initiative
- Willingness to travel
- English: advanced level
Kimball Electronics is an equal opportunity employer and gives fair chances to all candidates to the role of interest. Under no circumstances, Kimball Electronics will permit any act of discrimination and lack of dignity in relationship with a candidates. Kimball Electronics will assure a proper recruitment process based on professional competencies and roles and responsibilities of the open job.
Please take kindly notice that only selected candidates will be contacted for further selection stages in any recruitment process.
GDPR – notice for recruitment For recruitment purposes, we may collect personal information that you choose to submit to us through actual website and any other channel of communication.
- CV / resumes / letters of any kind (intent, recommendation, etc.) that you provide
- Information that you provide regarding your contact details
- Information that you provide regarding your education, experience, skills, recommendations;
- Resumes and letters of intent or any other documents (. diplomas, etc.) that you are choosing freely to upload to your application
- Information that you provide in any tools involved in the recruitment purpose (. questionnaires, feedback, or hire process)
For recruitment purposes, we will use the information that you provide in this way:
- We will analyze content in order to decide if your candidature can be a good fit for our vacancy
- We will use the information to contact you and agree recruitment steps and
- We will use the information you are providing for recruitment purposes only
We will process your data in accordance with GDPR legislation and your requirements; please consult our website for more details: If you have any questions about the processing of your personal data, please contact Kimball Electronics Romania at email address: Please take into consideration that by applying to this vacancy, you agree with collecting and processing the personal data that you will freely provide. If you do not agree with the GDPR information mentioned above, we kindly ask you not to apply to this open job.
We would like to thank you in advance for understanding this matter!