Customer Engineering Manager - CGBU
Middle (2-5 years), Senior (5-10 years), Executive (>10 years)
Oracle Communications (ACME Packet) Service Provider Engineering Group focused on delivering industry's Best in class Enterprise communication solutions that seamlessly integrates fixed, mobile & Data networks. Oracle Communications products serve the enterprise customers in providing End-to-End Security, QoS and service availability for Voice, Video and Unified Communication network
Oracle Communications core portfolio enables customers to rapidly innovate & deploy applications while simplifying their IT and network infrastructures. Service providers are expected to be able to differentiate and monetize offerings through secure and reliable IP-based communications from any device, across any network.
This position is for Software Sustenance Manager for Session Delivery Product Portfolio (SBC, CSM, MSG, SR, etc..) of Oracle Communications – Engineering Group.
As a Sustenance Manager, you are responsible for
- Both Technical & Team Management of your team. Understand Team skills and Build the capabilities needed to deliver on the team's short and long term goal, including identification and development of a strong pipeline of the best talent within Team.
- Demonstrate dedication and responsibility in delivering results and shall be Team Player and Lead by Example by understanding Organization Goals.
- Hands-on for product contributions & understand Product Requirements and create functional and design specifications and work through acceptance.
- Responsible for Team Deliverables in Functional Specifications, Design Documents, and Quality from the team.
- Provide timely and appropriate feedback that focuses on those things that will make the biggest difference in performance; reinforces efforts and progress, Track and report team metrics for a given opportunity.
- Monitor and measure team progress against business plan and recommend changes as
- Lead cross functional projects within area of responsibility, Establish collaborative relationships built on trust and commitment.
- Perform in-depth analysis and solve complex scenarios, and fix the issues.
- Support QA and UAT of reports with relevant stakeholders.
- Maintain detailed records of all processes at all times, and communicate status at frequent and regular intervals.
- Maintain detailed records of all processes at all times, and confirm to organization
- Demonstrate Strong Quality Orientation, and follow UAT, and understand & Support QA
- Shall have 7 – 12 years’ of experience in product development preferably in VoIP or Embedded or IP Security or Datacom Product domains, with 2-5 years of experience in Managing or Leading the
- Experienced with hiring, interviewing skills by understanding the Organization processes.
- Passion for Product Architecture understanding is musttake ownership.
- Shall be thorough with Linux/RTOS internals and hands-on experience with embedded development, product Architecture is preferred. Conversant with Multi-Slot, Multi-Processor, switching and HW/SW Integration internals is desirable.
- Strong Programming Skills on C/C++, with OOA & Design concepts.
- Shall possess excellent verbal & communication skills, and passion for delivering Functional Requirements, Design Specifications and in participation of reviews.
- Ability to think through about field use case scenarios, desirability to enhance the usability experience is needed.
- Strong Knowledge of TCP/UDP/IP and networking concepts is a must.
- Desirable to have VoIP, SIP, IPSec IETF, 3GPP Spec implementations.
- Must be Team Player and think through bigger picture of the product, and represent the team contributions.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Manage a team that designs, develops, troubleshoots and debugs software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a manager of the software engineering division, you will apply your knowledge of software architecture to manage software development tasks associated with developing, debugging or designing software applications, operating systems and databases according to provided design specifications. Build enhancements within an existing software architecture and occasionally suggest improvements to the architecture.
Leads a specialized area which may have diverse functional elements. Frequently interacts with supervisors and/or functional peer group managers. May interact with senior management. Demonstrated leadership and people management skills. Strong communication skills, analytical skills, thorough understanding of product development. BS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. Typically one year of software engineering or related experience.