Job Specific Duties and Responsibilities
· Review collectors A/R reports monthly to ensure the Collections Process is being utilized
· Supervise, motivate & support team to ensure departmental expectations are met
· Assist in lowering the overall past due balances and over 90
· Review weekly, monthly collector metrics and discuss with credit controller
· Provide daily status of account touches and promise to pay to credit controller
· Assist irate clients (escalated calls)
· Manage various approvals for cancellations and credits
· Communicates with internal & external clients
· Performance management – annual reviews and quarterly assessments
· Manage aging and reporting distribution
· Coach and develop employees by conducting one on one’s
· Identify poorly executed final demand templates and coach users
· Support collectors with escalated issues that need support from the field organization
· Work directly with the department manager to recruit and hire staff
· Responsible for discipline of staff
· Work with management to continually develop better or more efficient methods of operation
· Manage collection supervisor escalation email per schedule
· Bachelor’s Degree with 2-3 years of collections experience or equivalent. Accounting background preferred.
· minimum 1 year in a management role
· Knowledge of accounting principles, practices and procedures
· Be of analytical mindset
· Ability to strategize with other leadership to improve status of aging
· Experience in influencing, developing and motivating people, and the ability to communicate effectively cross-functionally.
· Strong knowledge and experience in the best practices associated with an effective and efficient process of accounts receivable.
· Must be detail-oriented and have strong communication, organizational analytical skills
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products Erp’s
Mood Media expectations for Credit Control Supervisor
· Fluent in English and easy to understand.
· Ability to multi-task and think critically.
· Ability to problem solve a client dispute with client without passing to a Superior.
· Strong negotiation skills.
· Strong Decision making skills.
· Use research skills to find additional client contact information.
· Must be able to manage their time appropriately and re-prioritize when focus changes.
· Obtain payment from client in the form of credit card, bank transfer, check or promise to pay.
· Performance is driven by portfolio reduction.