BAT is evolving at pace - truly like no other organisation.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
Reports to: Reporting Services Manager UK Stats
Reporting Level: 4 people in direct report
Geographic Scope: UK Companies
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR:
- Coordinating the monthly / quarterly / annual Group statutory and management financial reporting (P&L, BS, CF)
- Ensure compliance to control framework, and handle SOX reviews; provide recommendations to improve the quality of the overall risk management and internal control practices
- Business partnering with the Head Office Functions to identify their financial requirements and support in meeting reporting deadlines
- Collaborate closely with external audit to address queries regarding annual financial reporting (Group and Statutory) and SoX compliance
- Supporting management planning and decision making by identifying, evaluating information and recommending actions; Undertake detailed reviews of business processes and activities, collecting data on key process metrics, and provide financial input into the preparation of operational business cases
- Identify and execute improvement plans regarding Accounts Payable processes, and ensure adherence to standard methodologies and Group guidance
- Support implementation of Concur T&E solution for the UK Companies
- Single Point of Contact in the relationship with GBS
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- University degree
- Finance background with significant experience in Corporate Finance
- 5 years of relevant experience in a global FMCG or similar dynamic operating environment
- Understanding of control environment, preferable experience with SoX
- Knowledge and understanding of financial accounting framework (IFRS) is desired
- Good MS Office skills, particularly Excel
- ACCA and CIMA qualifications can represent a plus
- Good understanding of shared services processes, mainly Accounts Payable would be a benefit
- English language - advanced level
- Self-motivated individual, with strong communication skills and attention to details
- Ability to anticipate problems, foresee timely solutions and adapt accordingly
- Keen to build excellent working relationships and a track record of influencing key stakeholders from multiple functions
- Independent worker and analytical thinker with ability to lead others, conduct research, data analysis and solutions oriented
- A detailed understanding and knowledge of relevant finance tools and systems, specifically SAP
WE ARE BAT
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer withBAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.