Corporate Finance Accountant - NGP
Middle (2-5 years)
English - Advanced
Based in GBS Romania and reporting to the Senior Corporate Finance Manager as part of the New Categories Corporate Finance Team the role is required to support accounting, reconciliation and reporting of statutory income statements, balance sheet and cashflow.
Job purpose and deliverables
- To carry out month end task in line with month end timetable including:
- Income statement reallocation;
- Prepayment releases and reconciliation;
- Balance sheet reconciliations;
- Work with GL to ensure cash allocations from bank shadow accounts;
- Review of accounts classifications;
- Assist in reviewing and investigating P&L and balance sheet balances
- Statutory accounting and audit:
- To assist in completing half year and year end disclosure schedules
- To assist in producing any required audit files both from a Group perspective and local statutory perspective;
- To take responsibility for production of certain notes within the statutory accounting process;
- To work on the creation of a parallel ledger for the new categories’ companies.
- To ensure Purchase to Pay controls are in place and effective including SOx controls:
- Monthly GRIR review and reporting, appropriate approvals for aged items are obtained in a timely manner
- Monthly distribution and follow up on VIM report to ensure aged items are investigated and resolved
- Bi-annual distribution and compilation of VIM report and Open/Inactive PO reports and also VIM cut off review at half year and year end
- Bi-weekly strategic vendor reconciliation to supplier statement for both internal and external vendors to ensure aged and discrepancies are cleared
- To assist and work closely with Controls Manager to review duplicate vendors, vendor master data, exceptions reporting etc
- To perform monthly review of accounts receivable and payable including:
- Investigating intercompany mismatches and resolution;
- Monitoring AP and AR balances to ensure proper classifications and aged, unusual debit and credit balances are investigated and resolved.
- External report including:
- Timely submission of Office of National Statistics (ONS) reporting
- Bi-annual Payment Practice Reporting (PPR) submission
- Degree educated with part qualified professional accountancy qualification ().
- A good understanding of group and corporate finance principles
- Experience of balance sheet reconciliations, forecasting and analysis;
- Ability to manage a high volume of data and present in a simple, organised, innovative and impactful way using all current systems to simplify and automate information management. . SAP/ BI/BPC.
- BPC/SAP experience
- Ability to prioritise and is resilient.
- Ability to identify process and reporting improvements and proactively implement solutions.
- Ability to work independently managing stakeholders across a wide range of location and markets.
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills are required to influence and challenge.
- Maintains excellent working relationships with all stakeholders