TokenPay is an open-sourced, decentralized, and self-verifying payment platform project with a passionate community following. TokenPay was created with the fundamental desire to bridge modern-day financial institutions with the benefits of the Blockchain space. With TokenPay, businesses and individuals will be able to quickly and securely send and receive payments for goods and services around the world. We offer simple and easy to use integrations for merchant platforms, tailored banking services, and much more.
We are looking for someone whois a critical thinker and possesses strong analytical skills, puts a lot of emphasis on the quality of their work, learns quickly and takes every opportunity to improve themselves, is an engineer at heart and enjoys solving problems in an elegant and robust manner, firmly believes in the Software Craftsmanship Manifesto and considers themselves a true software craftsman, recognizes the potential of emerging technologies and wants to take part in building the next generation of blockchain-based infrastructure.
Our future colleague is willing to gain knowledge in mathematics and applied cryptography, then use that knowledge to research some of the latest published work in the literature and wants to apply academic research in engineering and create amazing software products.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Write beautiful, efficient, reusable, testable, self-documenting and modern C++ code that others can easily read and adapt
- Design, implement and maintain top-quality software modules that comply with high-performance, low-latency and state-of-the-art-security requirements
- Implement rigorous and thorough testing practices to ensure the security and performance goals of our blockchain
- Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability, and stability of various system resources
- Participate in regular code reviews
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automation
- Contribute to internal and external documentation
- Do research into various cryptographic schemes and then design protocols based on those
- Propose solutions for enhancing the smart-contract capabilities of our blockchain and for deploying features like atomic swaps
Skills & Qualifications
- Advanced proficiency in object-oriented analysis and design
- Good grasp of Comp. Sci. fundamentals: algorithms, data structures and complexities
- Competent with the typical Linux toolchain: autotools, make, GCC, GDB, Valgrind, etc
- Knowledgeable on the C++ compilation process, shared objects, static libraries, debugging at various levels, etc
- Fairly skilled in C++ with a focus on modern C++ standardsand with a fair knowledge of the language specification
- Experienced with the C++ standard library: containers, algorithms, smart pointers, streams, multithreading, etc
- Good understanding of the C++ memory model and memory management in non-garbage-collected environments
- Comfortable with low-level concepts like raw memory buffers or bit twiddling
- Basic understanding of CPU caching, operating system internals (memory, execution, concurrency) and networking (TCP/IP stack, JSON-RPC, event-driven buffered I/O)
- Decent knowledge about cryptography and theoretical information security: hashing, public-key cryptography, CSPRNGs, etc
- Familiar with source code version control -- preferably Git
- BS degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Involvement in the cryptocurrency community
- Contributions in open-source software -- preferably written in C++
- Familiar with the Docker container platform
- Working knowledge in Bash or Python
- Experienced with libraries/software such as Boost, Qt, OpenSSL, Libevent, LevelDB, Tor
- Comfortable with distributed systems, peer-to-peer networking, consensus algorithms, fault-tolerance and other blockchain concepts
- Thorough understanding of the underlying mechanics and cryptographic principles that secure blockchains
- Knowledge about more advanced cryptographic topics and schemes: elliptic curves, ECDH, ECDSA, Schnorr signatures, etc
We are offering a competitive salary package, above market range, the possibility to work from home, and the unique opportunity of working in an amazing industry, changing the world and all with an amazing team.
** At TokenPay, we value diverse backgrounds experiences and ideas. We take pride in encouraging diversity and inclusive workplace that provides equal opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, disability, military and/or veteran status, or any other protected classes.