Are you skilled with words? Are you wildly creative? Are you so good at making up stories that your friends and family worry you might be a sociopath?
If you answered YES to at least 2 of thе above 3 questions, keep reading.
We are looking for talented and skilled writers to join our direct marketing firm. Specifically, you will be writing video marketing sales scripts, dialogues, etc.
Now here’s thе thing: we REALLY, REALLY don’t care about your education or past work experience. Not because we’re jerks, but because we’ve found that people who come from an advertising background can be somewhat “ruined” for thе type of work we do.
So instead, what we’re searching for are “gems in thе rough”, people who are highly creative and talented writers… and whom we can shape and mould to our own “evil purposes”… (joking about thе evil part… mostly).
You SHOULD Apply If…
- You are extremely creative and original;
- You think fast;
- You believe that you could sell pretty much anything to anyone;
- You are a self-directed learner;
- You have a vast vocabulary;
- You have a great command of thе English language;
- You LOVE to write;
- You are an awesome storyteller;
- You understand that thе rules of grammar are merely “suggestions” that exist to be ignored;
- You are highly responsible and can achieve results in an extremely relaxed atmosphere;
- You are someone I would want to have a beer or whiskey with, because you’re so cool and stuff.
You SHOULDN’T Apply If…
- You are a slave to grammar;
- You speak corporate jargon, love TPS Reports, and enjoy using convoluted terms to explain simple concepts;
- You aren’t a good writer;
- You are not someone I would want to have a beer or whiskey with because you’re boring.
How Do You Apply to This Job?
To be considered, please send thе following (in English):
1. A one-paragraph cover letter about yourself. Please don’t make it stuffy. Think outside of thе box. Grab my attention and don’t let it go until thе job is yours.
2. Your resume. Just for sh**ts and giggles.
3. A creative writing sample: story, fiction, poem, lyric, rant, rave, blog, whatever.
4. Bonus Points Option*.
*Included in a separate document…
Pick a common household item and try selling it to me in 200 words or less.
Please note – even though you are picking a common object, don’t make your 200 word sales pitch overly-cheeky. In thе first wave of applicants we got, a lot of people made that mistake. So in other words, if you sell me a “stupid stapler” that’s great – but really, actually, try to sell it to me. Hope that makes sense.
Do write us at
talents at apexhq . com
Hope to hear from you soon!