1. As a Control Design Engineer you will be responsible for planning of control and protection systems for power electronic converter projects especially HVDC.
2. This includes the specification, programming and documentation of the control software as well as the test documentation for the system and software.
3. You will work in tandem with the system experts and define technical requirements and interfaces.
4. The client will rely on your expertise when it comes to software design using Matlab / Simulink.
5. It will be on you to verify your software on the real-time simulator as well as on the project hardware apart from bringing the software into service,
ou will offer specialist support to the customer as and when needed.
6. You will handle the technical documentation of your work during the whole project implementation.
1. Engineering degree (Electrical/Controls) with excellent knowledge & experience in power systems and power electronics subjects preferably proven experience in HVDC System Design.
2. Extensive work experience in system and control algorithm design using Matlab/Simulink/Simscape/C-Mex/S-functions.
3. High level of proficiency in MATLAB/Simulink/C-Mex, ideally complemented by experience with real-time targets and embedded software.
4. Good understanding of the characteristics of HVDC Valves and their control systems.
5. Excellent knowledge in Power Systems, with good understanding of Automation concepts and Power Electronics.
6. Functional knowledge of HVDC methodologies viz. LCC and VSC.
7. Good knowledge and preferably work experience in dynamic control theory as well as experience in closed-loop control systems.
8. Specialist expertise in software development processes desirable along with having a well structured approach with the ability to work in close cooperation with others.
9. Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
. Knowledge and experience in Agile development practices (.Scrum).
2. Very good nowledge of HVDC in particular and Power Electronics control system design in general.
3. Effective problem identification and solution skills along with strong oral and written communication skills.
4. Proven experience using Matlaab, Simulink and Cmex.