Communications Program Manager
Middle (2-5 years), Senior (5-10 years)
English - advanced
This job is inactive, but you can still send your resume to the company
This position will work with resources supporting Global Finance Operations. This role will be responsible to define, design and document global standard processes for GFO communications operations in support of GFOE’s mission to standardize communications to drive employee efficiency and productivity by providing the right information via the right channel at the right time.
- Contribute towards and execute on GFOE’s vision and strategy as it pertains to communications.
- Provide leadership, vision, and expertise in the development of new communication services/processes, leveraging new technology if applicable.
- Identify issues and provide clearly defined problem statements with solutions.
- Recommend and justify changes to existing communication services/processes, including influencing others to consider customer centric experience and outcomes.
- Achieve communication operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews.
- Develop clear and detailed project plans and manage project teams to meet goals within timeline, including UAT coordination and project leadership.
- Provide direction, standards, and best practices for use of tools and systems as it relates to communications and other operational support.
- Work with stakeholders to simplify and standardize communication templates such as newsletters and departmental notifications.
- Drive implementation of new communication processes and procedures.
- Draft Business requirements documentation, including reporting requirements.
- Drive system enhancements and prioritization of requests as it relates to the systems used for communications operations support.
- Coordinate with the other GFO teams, regions, module owners, global functional experts and global process owners as subject matter experts to obtain buy in on approach and participation in any communications and/or operations initiative.
- Define and drive process and/or system improvements that positively affect GFO’s communications operations.
- Readily contribute new ideas to achieve better results and customer success.
- Resolve problems, complete audits, identify trends to determine process and/or system improvements and implement changes in communication programs.
Job duties are varied and complex utilizing independent judgment. May have project lead role. Attention to detail critical, as is curiosity about how things work and why. Technically savvy and passionate about use of tools to help streamline processes. Proven successful project management skills, PM Certification a plus (PMP, Prince2, etc.). Experience with information systems and communications. Ability to collect, organize, and display data in spreadsheet and PowerPoint format. Experience developing presentations for upper management and executives. Experience with matrixed management and managing cross-functional projects. Experience leading and influencing individuals with strong personalities and opinions. Follow-through skills necessary to get information from internal and third parties and have data errors/omissions corrected. For this, relationship management skills strongly desired. Strong written and verbal communication skills to interact with management desired. 10+ years relevant work experience.
- Manage multiple, simultaneous global projects of varying scope and complexity involving business processes or system solution implementations.
- Work with multiple internal operations groups to define and document global standards, business requirements, roll out plans and procedures for new and changed functionality.
- Anticipate and promptly identify project risk factors and address appropriately.
- Educate business users on global processes.
- Resolve escalated issues diplomatically.
- Proven track record for effective project management.
Experience in developing and delivering communications to global audiences, in particular internal communications focused experience.
Experience in leading communications programs in a multinational business.
- Ability to handle non-routine and often complex work in an autonomous manner, utilizing excellent judgment and decision making within defined policies and procedures.
- Have excellent problem-solving skills and be able to think quickly and adeptly about how to address problems and learn from the issues to keep the same issue from arising again.
- Experience working with global, virtual teams.
- Meeting facilitation both in person and via conference calls.
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- Business acumen.
- Excellent analytical skills and detail oriented.
- Excellent investigative and problem solving skills.
- Highly motivated and results oriented.
- 10+ years of related experience.
- Bachelors degree