Commodity Buyer with English
Entry (0-2 years), Middle (2-5 years), Senior (5-10 years), Executive (>10 years)
This is taking a global approach. This is world moving.
At Bombardier Transportation, our trains and rail solutions move millions of people safely and reliably around the world, every single day. Join us, and you’ll be part of the Global team, sharing knowledge, experience and ideas across countries and cultures, and boosting our reputation as a global leader in the rail technology. Your work will have a truly human impact, connecting communities, cities and businesses, and helping people to get where they need to be. It’s all about progress.
The Global Procurement Center (GPC) in Cluj is an organization combining procurement knowledge, cultural diversity and a drive for excellence. The team of almost 250 colleagues is working closely with 30 sites and 4000 suppliers, throughout more than 20 countries where Bombardier operates.
For our Global Procurement Center based in Cluj-Napoca
we are looking for a Commodity Buyer
You will be responsible for the execution of Purchase Contracts with Bombardier suppliers after Parts Approval Process (PAP)1st delivery.
You will also act as SPOC for your designated supplier base and work very closely with other functions Engineering/Methods, Project Management, Operations Planning to ensure in time delivery of parts according to MPS.
- You will be accountable of developing supplier delivery programs and performance in accordance with project needs and to minimize inventory level in close collaboration with Supply Chain Team;
- Drive procurement activities through the use of professional sourcing (RFQs for price lists) and purchasing practices and techniques in order to ensure parts/services/goods availability (PR) while optimizing overall cost;
- Prepare and issue Request for Quotation related to changes applying for selected supplier in accordance with supplier panel and Commodity Strategy applicable;
- Negotiate, create and manage Purchase Orders / Scheduling Agreements and Supplier Invoices for assigned Suppliers (after Handover from RCB and after PAP/1st delivery) and services in alignment with the BT Directives;
- Expedite supplier Relevant Requests post-Handover (‘. CDRL Documentation), if applicable;
- Protect project interests through proper and timely handling and/or expediting of relevant supplier related requests;
- Manage order- and charge back process, including closure (NCR/NCC alignment with allocated suppliers for NCRs caused by external suppliers);
- Assess risk in the supply and align with Procurement Project Manager on acceptable level of risk of the project and highlight the risk to the RCM to be taken it into consideration for the commercial negotiation with the supplier;
- Administrate purchase documents and manage supplier relations;
- Resolve all commercial supplier related invoicing issues.
- Education: Degree in Engineering, Commercial or Technical Field preferred;
- Experience: at least 2 years of experience (in Procurement/Supply Chain and / or Project Management) with technical and operational expertise;
- Proficiency in English;
- Experience in stakeholder and suppliers management;
- Strong Negotiation /& influencing skills;
- Drive for results;
- Ability to juggle diverse responsibilities and meet tight deadlines;
- Problem solving and analytical skills;
- Excellent communications skills.
Bombardier Transportation is a global leader in rail technology, offering the broadest portfolio in the industry. We cover the full spectrum of rail solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signalling, and provide complete transport systems, e-mobility technology and maintenance services. As an innovation driver we continuously break new ground in sustainable mobility, and our integrated solutions create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment. And, headquartered in Berlin, Germany, we employ aroundpeople, with products and services operating in over 60 countries.
Your ideas move people!