The employer is not currently actively recruiting for this position, but you can apply for the ad.
Commodity Buyer - Global Commodity MoMP EMEA
Middle (2-5 years), Senior (5-10 years)
The Global Commodity MoMP (Machining & other Metal Parts) Buyer - EMEA directly reports to the Global Commodity Manager MoMP and leads supplier, commodity and budget strategies for various products under the Global Commodity MoMP Team. The Global Commodity MoMP Buyer – EMEA supports both regional and global team objectives.
- To ensure the best price on a global supply market for all products in commodity MoMP under their responsibility;
- Lead the global implementation of the commodity strategy including action plans in each region (road maps) under their responsibility;
- Responsible for strategic and tactical steering of the purchasing volume in the assigned commodity;
- To represent the global commodity towards suppliers in their responsibility and internal stakeholders;
- To execute annual price negotiations with all relevant suppliers in order to (over-)achieve the budget saving/ppv target;
- To ensure implementation of global and regional purchasing initiatives (. sourcing committee, processes & procedures, IT tools, etc.);
- Responsible for supplier management starting from new supplier introduction to supplier phase out, compiling supply market intelligence, identifying purchasing risks, opportunities and ensuring data transparency.
- College/university degree in business administration or comparable studies (preferable with a major in Purchasing Management);
- Demonstrated experience in Purchasing, with an emphasis in a comparable Commodity with strong negotiating skills;
- Experience to work in a larger scale company;
- Comfortable with functioning in a global matrix operating environment;
- Strong collaborative team member, multi-cultural and/or global experience;
- Demonstration of JSS core values: team spirit, customer focus, creativity, quality orientation and cost awareness;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools, especially Outlook and PowerPoint as well as a Global Purchasing System;
- Strong Business Excellence thinking. (Problem solving tools such as LEAN; 6S, KAIZEN and or RedX).