Come and join a truly dynamic, international and growing team of professionals and help us take the best out of what we have and build what we don’t have yet!
The Demo Services PaaS for SaaS operations team builds and maintains world class demonstration environments that enable the global Sales organization and Oracle's Partners to showcase Oracle's IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS platform to our growing customer base. The demonstration environments are monitored 24/7 for availability, performance and usageur groups mission is to provide highly available and highly performant demonstration environments while balancing the investment of cloud capacity.
You will be working with experienced professionals from all over the world, getting inside Oracle’s latest Cloud technology. You will be in charge of PaaS for SaaS operations for the Oracle
- Administer Oracle’s Platform as a Services instances, used by customers to extend their existing SaaS applications. You will be in charge of performing activities such as:Technical (not functional) administration and troubleshooting for Oracle’s products (Database, Application containers - eg. WebLogic Server, Java technologies, Oracle Business Intelligence solutions, Mobile and chatbot technologies, Big Data technologies etc)
- OS system administration (Linux and Solaris)
- Storage monitoring and administration
- Network monitoring and escalation- Virtual Machine technology operations
- Oracle Product operations (start/stop/create/destroy/troubleshoot/monitor/maintain)
- Also, do performance trend analysis and manage the server/network capacity if the need arises.
- React to potential problems using automation, scheduling, and monitoring tools -- escalating to management where appropriate.
- Participate in configuration and implement technical solutions to enhance and/or troubleshoot the system. Responsible for operational documentation as well.
- Our future colleague needs to be willing to work in shifts on rotation to work the Saturday regularly and have another day off during the week would be a plus, but not required.
- The person fulfilling this role would preferably have at least 3 years relevant experience as a system administrator. Alternately, 3+ years experience as an application administrator (advanced technical support for Oracle Products) within the IT industry. Juniors who are very motivated to learn are welcome to apply though.
- Experience working in a Cloud environment (virtual machines, understanding of cloud networking at a high level, understanding of storage concepts at an intermediate level at least)
- Need to have Core skills around one or more of the following:
Knowledge of UNIX and LINUX commands/utilities. Candidates with knowledge of Oracle VM /Oracle VS / Xen will be preferred
Oracle Products knowledge (Database, Application containers - eg. WebLogic Server, Java technologies, Oracle Business Intelligence solutions, Mobile and chatbot technologies, Big Data technologies and so on)
Linux SysAdmin skills
Knowledge of a scripting language (Bash/Perl/Python)
- Must work well within a global team with an ability to work unsupervised
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English