CLOUD INFRASTRUCTURE SOLUTION ENGINEER
Oracle has a large community of Solution Engineers across EMEA that on a daily bases engage in tasks such as:
· Product presentations & demonstrations
· Advice Customers & Partners on how to best use Oracle products/solutions
· Respond to tenders
· Interact with product development about new releases, new functionality
As a Solution Engineer, you have the chance to develop in a very broad spectrum, ranging from product expertise, customer interaction, communication and general IT market knowledge. Successful Solution Engineers are highly demanded individuals with the possibility to develop a career in many different IT (and non-IT) functions.
The Solution Engineering HUB (SE HUB) is tasked to support the EMEA Field Presales in a diverse number of ways. Ranging from answering to RFx/tenders, customizing demos/workshops/POC, building prototypes to directly supporting Partners and/or Customers with specific requests.
In SE HUB, we are looking for individuals who are willing to take on the challenge of building excellent product knowledge (Oracle Cloud Infrastructure) and to combine this with a good commercial sense, clear communication while working in an international environment.
On a day-to-day base, you will work closely with the Field Consultants teams across countries in EMEA. The tasks delivered by the SE Engineer will be focused on:
· Offering technical queries support on a range of issues such as answering product questions, creating content and documents for Oracle potential/existing Customers, researching a product topic or competitive product and other tasks that support the Field Presales, our Customers and Partners.
· Providing Presales support to RFI’s, RFP’s, RFQ’s, and PQQ’s, etc.: answering to tender specifications and compliance matrixes.
· Sizing Cloud Infrastructure Solutions and working closely with other Specialists in providing Solutions (including Quotes for OCPU’s, shapes, compute, storage and networking components) based on Customer requirements
· Building Demos to show our products and features, Workshops to help partners and customers understand our products better, POC’s to help the customer understand how the product works with a real set of data.
· A significant portion of your time will also be used to stay up to date on the latest product releases & Oracle’s strategy. This is done through Oracle’s well-known self-study, online trainings and classroom trainings, which can help you in your career growth, expand your product knowledge and validate your expertise to give you an edge in the IT industry.
To fulfill the role of Solution Engineer we are looking for individuals that match the following profile:
· Good understanding of the IT market & trends.
· Technical/IT education, university degree
· Works in an IT related role today (preferably Cloud Infrastructure related)
· Good understanding of Cloud Infrastructure technologies such as:
· Public / Private Cloud
· Scripting and automation programming languages: Terraform, Python, Chef, Puppet
· New technologies: Docker, Kubernetes
· Networking concepts / VPN tunneling
· Datacenter equipment (racks, power sequencer, etc...)
· Data migration (Lift&Shift) from OnPrem environments to Cloud environments
· Experience using or managing Windows, Linux or UNIX operating systems. (Linux experience is a strong plus.)
· Competitive awareness / Good understanding or AWS, Azure, Google Cloud etc
· Eagerness to learn! Oracle has an incredibly broad and growing portfolio of industry leading
products. If you find it interesting and fun to pick up a new product and master these in a very short timeframe, this is the place to be!
· Good communication skills, both oral and written! You are able to not only understand complex technologies but also to explain to others in clear and simple terms. You can articulate key messages very clearly.
· Openness to work with different languages & cultures (you will support EMEA)
· Results orientation, you will not be satisfied until the job is done with the right quality!
· Excellent administration/organizational skills. Focus on detail!
· Ability to work in (virtual) teams. To get a specific job done often requires working together with many colleagues spread out in different countries
· Self-motivated, you have the natural drive to learn and pick up new challenges
· Work experience in a similar role is an advantage
· Languages, we currently have open positions for persons that speak excellent English.
· Strong knowledge (oral & written) of another major European language is a plus