* all languages are compulsory
Who We Are – MassMutual Romania
MassMutual Romania – in partnership with MassMutual in the United States – will help shape a culture of innovation and to create the digital products and technology solutions that help people secure their future and protect the ones they love.
Positioning MassMutual for its next 20 million customers and remaining innovative in a digital-first world led to the creation of MassMutual Romania in 2020. With offices in Bucharest and Cluj, MassMutual Romania was established to build an in-house team with expertise in application development and support, quality assurance and data science.
For 170 years, MassMutual has put its customers at the heart of what it does by providing holistic financial solutions, guidance, and education on their terms. Its long-term strategy helps ensure that policyowners and their loved ones can rely on them to be there when they need them most.
If this vision excites you, we are seeking a Cloud Engineer to become a MassMutual Romania team member. This is a great opportunity to be a part of the transformational journey at MassMutual Romania. As we continue to grow our business and look for new ways to engage with customers, technology will be one of the most important enablers to our success and you can be a part of it.
Do you want to be part of a team that encourages your growth, supports your ambitions and makes it a priority for you to reach your goals? Is helping people part of who you are? At MassMutual Romania, we help millions of people find financial freedom, offer financial protection and plan for the future. We do this by building trust with our customers by being knowledgeable problem solvers and prioritize their needs above all else. We Live Mutual.
If this sounds like a fit, we’re looking to hire a Cloud Engineer to join our team.
As a Cloud Engineer of the Cloud Platform team you will play a crucial role in architecting and implementing fully automated (IAAC/Terraform), secure, reliable, scalable & resilient multi-cloud/hybrid-cloud solutions. The Cloud Engineer will be part of a highly technical and cross functional team and work closely with cloud/DevOps engineers, platform delivery lead, solution architects, enterprise architects and other stakeholders. The ideal candidate for this role is a self-starter who can work independently with minimal oversight, has an agile/DevOps mindset, is an SME in building cloud products and has a passion to learn.
Objectives and Responsibilities
- Work closely with solution architects, cloud engineers and provide support to senior staff, ensuring designs align with technical and business direction across the company
- Write clean, high-performance, well tested infrastructure code with a focus on reusability and automation (. Shell, Python, GoLang, Puppet, Terraform etc…)
- Work collaboratively with Cloud/DevOps developers, platform delivery lead, solution architects, enterprise architects to define and develop secured, highly scalable enterprise cloud products
- Explore and recommend new technologies/services. Articulate the advantages of various solution options
- Provide recommendations on architectural changes in order to improve efficiency, reliability and performance and to reduce cost
- Support platform delivery lead on the prioritization of the product backlog, refining product roadmap, reporting, KPIs & releases Actively participate and contribute on all sprint ceremonies (daily stand-up, sprint planning, sprint retro, sprint demo and backlog grooming)
- Collaborate with Cloud/DevOps engineers to solve technical and design problems
- Conduct and oversee design & code reviews
- Define platform software engineering standards and ensure compliance
- Monitor platform products quality and work closely with Cloud/DevOps engineers to improve it
- Technical Design, Development & Problem Solving
- Highly seasoned professional with specialized skills/knowledge, that is recognized across the organization for their expertise
- Experience to independently develop algorithms and deliver results in production environments at scale
- Ability to take on proof of concepts to proof new technologies
- Problem solve with little to no guidance
Execution & Delivery
- Ability to independently execute complex, long term project
- Publish, patent, and/or open source novel work
- Optimizing the delivery approach(is it being delivered well, is it being delivered with quality and is the team using methodology)
- Understand context of the work rather than just focusing on what is assigned
- Excellent communicator and collaborates well with people on the team and in other organization
- Innovate and is open to ideas to improve efficiencies and works with the team to pivot if necessary.
Software Engineering Excellence
- Responsible for code excellence and quality of the project being assigned, assisting lead in suggestions & design as needed
- Research on tools being used by the department and provide suggestions for improvement
- Enhance continuous delivery and integration processes for the team
- Creates reusable code frameworks or example projects to aid developers on the team
- Advocates and leads initiatives for enhancing our testing frameworks
- Mentor core developers
- Partner with business stakeholders and product managers to define project timelines and deliverable at each project stage
- Awareness and involvement in identifying the resources which would be required for project delivery.
- Being able to identify resources from other departments
- May not take ownership of these communications, but assisting the Lead when relevant Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent, 5 years in implementing fully automated (IAAC/Terraform), secure, reliable, scalable & resilient multi-cloud/hybrid-cloud solution
- Must have hands-on experience with Kubernetes, microservices architecture
- Experience with network infrastructure skills (. setting up and managing firewalls, WAFs, network segregation, VPNs and network, ACLs)
- Experience with DevOps concepts, tools (containers, (CI/CD - Github, Jenkins, Artifactory, Helm, Chef, Ansible, Puppet etc.) and emerging technologies
- Experience with on-premise to cloud migration initiatives
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Able to thrive in a collaborative and cross-functional environment
- AWS /Azure certification ., Solution Architect, Developer, Administrator, Security, DevOps
- 5-7 Years of experience in AWS/AZURE cloud
- CKA Certification - Certified Kubernetes Administrator or CKAD - Certified Kubernetes Application Developer
Nice to have:
- Subject matter expert in Cloud Security and/or Cloud Networking AWS /Azure certification preferably at professional level.