• We are looking for experienced high-performing software engineers developing cloud-based software for the product, which is based on StarlingX Open Source cloud infrastructure management solution. It is mentored by the Openstack Foundation as a root project and promoted by the client`s partners. The product is currently deployed with major service providers globally and is undergoing expansion to provide a cloud-native platform for containerized applications in addition to supporting virtual machines and bare metal nodes.
• The successful candidate will join a highly skilled development team delivering the world’s first telecom grade cloud platform, pioneering many new industry-leading capabilities.
• The engineer is responsible for investigating issues, providing fixes and enhancements to the Open Source Cloud platform and underlying Linux based operating system.
• The successful candidate must be a highly adaptable team player who can quickly ramp up on new technologies and accomplish goals in a fast-paced agile environment. A combination of strong technical and communication skills is a must.
• Work with the most dynamic and exciting open-source software projects today – Docker, Kubernetes, OpenStack, Ansible, Puppet, StarlingX, etc;
• Work as part of a team focused on containerization, storage, and fault-tolerant/carrier-grade development;
• Research and evaluate emerging technologies, making recommendations on best options;
• Develop and deliver high-quality designs and code;
• Develop automated tests, enabling faster design and test cycles;
• Investigate and resolve issues reported during product verification and customer integration;
• Provide support to documentation and customer-facing teams;
• Participate in all aspects of the software development process using agile development.
• Investigate solutions for meeting project requirements;
• Document proposal based on investigation results (write HLDs and ope);
• Identify detailed requirements;
• Review and provide input for user documentation.
• Improve existing features;
• Develop new features;
• Write scripts for demonstrating functionality & automating tasks;
• Rebase existing features.
• Provide input to the test team from a development perspective;
• Interpret test results and make recommendations;
• Validate user documentation.
• Over 6 years of relevant technical experience in software development;
• Excellent programming skills using Python, Bash;
• Experience with Linux software development;
• Experience with networking protocols;
• Development experience with containers and with cloud-based and virtualization technologies, including OpenStack, Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, Puppet;
• Strong analytical and debugging skills;
• Excellent communication skills;
• Exceptional team player who works well in collaborative environments;
• Self-managed, fast learner with the desire and ability to master new technologies.
• Contribution to the open source community;
• Familiarity with iterative and agile/scrum software development processes.
• Exposure to other languages (C/C++, SQL, Go) is a plus.
• Fluent in English.
• BSc / MSc degree (Computer Science, Computer/Electrical Engineering, or equivalent technical degree).
About Tellence Technologies:
Tellence Technologies is an engineering solution center, focus on providing software development, product quality assurance & customer support services. Tellence operates in a broad range of industries: telecommunications, media, banking, online gaming, mobile applications, internet applications, semiconductors, automotive, security, and B2B applications.