CHIEF ACCOUNTANT, FINANCE TEAM, ROMANIA
Middle (2-5 years), Senior (5-10 years)
This job is inactive, but you can still send your resume to the company
Sustainalytics is a leading ESG and corporate governance research, ratings and analytics firm. We help investors around the world with the development and implementation of responsible investment strategies. The firm partners with institutional investors, pension plans, and asset managers that integrate environmental, social and governance information and assessments into their investment decisions.
Headquartered in Amsterdam, Sustainalytics has offices in Boston, New York, Bucharest, Frankfurt, London, Paris, Singapore, Timisoara and Toronto, with over 200 staff members, all with various levels of expertise across the ESG and corporate governance fields. In fact, through the Thomson Reuters Extel’s IRRI survey, investors selected Sustainalytics as the best independent responsible investment research firm for three consecutive years, 2012 throughIn, Sustainalytics was named among the top three firms for both ESG and Corporate Governance research.
We are a growing firm with a broadening global footprint and an increasingly important role within the investment decision-making process. Come join us and work alongside some of the best professionals in the business!
Job Type: Full-time
Employment Type: Permanent
Reports to: Controller, based in Timisoara
Start date: ASAP, no later than April 1st, 2016
Number of positions: 1
The Chief Accountant will be responsible for ensuring the delivery of high quality financial information by managing accounting systems, maintaining comprehensive control across international offices.
• Work with the Controller to support the mission and strategy of the company through rigorous, accounting, planning and reporting;
• Assist the Controller in supervising multiple accounting (GAAP) and operational reporting cycles;
• Work with the Controller to standardize and align finance policies, processes, and control systems across global offices;
• Ensure compliance on matters relating to audit, tax and statutory requirements, including liaising with auditors, tax agents, and statutory bodies;
• Coordinate a group of highly motivated global colleagues in improvement projects and quality audits;
• Ensure the maintenance of high quality record-keeping, including management of the general ledger accounts, multi-national consolidation systems and a range of transactional records;
• Support the organization in business decision and plans by providing insight and analysis on financial figures
• Working closely with other global colleagues on various resource allocation and resource
management processes and initiatives;
• Professional qualification and/or Master’s Degree or Accounting/Finance;
• 5+ years’ experience in a similar position;
• Demonstrated track record in a multi-national corporate environment;
• Previous experience with accounting software EPICOR would be a plus;
• Excellent communication and writing skills, C1 English Level;
• Able to communicate about complex topics clearly, and in a succinct and structured manner;
• Team player, proactive, rigorous and accurate;
• Result and deadline oriented;
• Ability to work independently and proactively in an international team;
• Proficiency in Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint.
• Competitive salary;
• Outstanding bonus system;
• Medical benefits;
• Dynamic, professional and friendly work environment within a global organization;
• Close collaboration with international team of finance professionals.
Please send a cover letter and a resume (both in English to , citing “[name] – Senior Accountant” in the subject line. All applications will be treated with the highest level of discretion and will be accepted until Monday, February 22nd
For inquiries related to the position, please contact Marcela Vilcan, Controller in Timisoara at or call
Sustainalytics thanks all candidates for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Sustainalytics accepts applications directly from applicants only; no employment or recruitment agencies, please.