Business Support Engineer
No experience, Entry (0-2 years), Middle (2-5 years)
Hiring candidates willing to relocate
Gross salary / month
3200 - 5500
Location: Luxembourg city
The Purpose of the BSS Engineer is to review business processes in Business support systems domain (OSS is an Operating Support System used to support telecom business operations) in order to gain a complete understanding of business flows, current procedures and the relationships with outer systems, identify improvements, document those processes, and connect business people to information technology groups.
As a BSS engineer, Software and Hardware technology needs to be used in your daily work. You need to manage many different tasks and deal with unexpected situation.
- Daily maintenance of the ONLINE system (Software and Hardware).
- Supporting maintenance team to deal with customers’ complains.
- Create several full-in tickets through the Zsmart system (our own system), tracking these tickets and making a feedback for the problems received for intervention
- Communicating with customers face to face or online.
- Serve as a key point of contact for external clients with regard to daily servicing inquiries.
- Handle complex projects autonomously
- Provide high client support remotely as well as onsite
- Participate in software evolution tasks
- Testing and evaluating the software our company develops
- Assure preventive and corrective maintenance and propose enhancements
- Provide basic training to our partners/final clients in the use of the software
- Guarantee deliverables quality
You may also need to accomplish other requirements from your manager.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree or plus, preferably in Computer Science/ Telecommunication or some other relevant major
- Knowledge of telecom industrial, especially have understanding and knowledge of OSS, CRM, Billing, data analytics, is preferred.
- Business level English: Fluent
- Knowing one of or many of thoses skills is preferred: Database (Oracle, Mysql…), Linux/Unix, Shell Python, Perl, Java, C languages, C++… and Cloud computing basics…
- Fluent use of Microsoft office software including Word, Excel, PPT, Visio.
- Good presentation and negotiation skills.
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills.
- Ability to priorities tasks in a frequently hectic environment
- Any other language will be a plus