Business Object Developer
As a member of ADP’s France NAS Client Service team, the Business Object Developer's objective is the accurate and efficient implementation of the solution for the work streams he/she is responsible while understanding the upstream and downstream impacts to the Client's overall human capital management solution.
In collaboration with SC Business Object Developer in France and the Client Service Management, the responsibilities consist of handling the Business Object cases in ADP Link Client Service, as main point of contact.
- Reading and understanding operational and technical specifications for development
- Estimating development workload
- Testing programmes and consulting deliverables attesting to tests undertaken
- Performing incident correction detected following internal or client handover
- Drafting reports on activities to be issued to management and indicating difficulties
- Adapt environments and standard ADP Link universe to client’s specificity
- Perform standard reports reshaping with client’s specificity
- Assume rework during client user acceptance tests
- Assume delivery of the developed components in all environments.
- Manage BO security management
- Knowledge in handling the technical decision-making architecture:
- Knowing how to define the various components of the decision-making architecture: data sources, data collection and transformation, data modelling including professional rules, data distribution and provision.
- Knowing how to precisely define update options, advantages and disadvantages for update options, HR professional rules and regulations, security rules and regulations,
- Knowing how to define client architectural requirements, solutions to be implemented so as to meet client requirements without amending the architecture, architectural-related maintenance actions.
- Knowledge in the following languages:
- SQL & PL/SQL
- Ability to perform select, update, insert or delete orders at complex juncture points (over 2 tables) in SQL
- Knowing how to create/amend SQL variables
- Knowledge in the Business Objects environment (BI ):
- Knowing about suite modules and their use: Webintelligence, Designer/Information Designer Tool, CMC, Client 360
- Knowing the technical architecture of SAP/BI components
- Expertise in BO security management : groups, users, security allocation, access levels
- Knowing how to plan a report, publishing reports in line with different modes/options
- Knowledge in using of the Designer/IDT BO tool and notably:
- Environment characteristics (connection, restrictions, etc.)
- Issues and tables, derivative tables, context, juncture points
- Objects: dimension/information/indicator, invite select, Aggregate_Aware
- Knowing how to export/import an environment
- Knowing how to draft complex reports (several data providers, etc.)
- Knowing customization tools SAP/BI (SDK)
- Fluent in English
- French is an advantage (willing to learn)
- Autonomy and proactive: Works are undertaken remotely under ad hoc inspections. It is not necessary to stop development if an incident occurs whilst awaiting the next ad hoc inspection. In the event of any suspension, there should be a diagnosis, call, and proposal.
- Adaptability: Projects and priorities constantly change.
- Involvement and sense of commitment: Principals are clients of major ADP companies and cannot accept any change to deadlines, nor to quality standards.
- Effective communication: solid interpersonal skills, ability to communicate verbally and in writing in French, good teamwork
- Personal effectiveness: analytical spirit and ability to summarise, organised, rigorous, good time management
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Analytical skills and an ability to summarise
- Working within a team
- Dynamic and responsive