Business Intelligence Analyst
Responded to 90% of applications in the past 30 days, typically in 3 days
Entry (0-2 years), Middle (2-5 years), Senior (5-10 years)
English - Advanced
* all languages are compulsory
Linde Global Services (LGS) is the shared services organization of Linde plc. From finance and procurement to customer support and reporting/data management, the services provided by our international hubs are essential to the daily running of the company. With offices located in Timisoara, Porto, Tallinn and Manila, and a central team in Germany, we are a global community of determined and proactive people, empowered to turn a challenge into an opportunity of learning and developing. This is how we take the lead, every day.
The BI Analyst`s main role is to generate value out of data by driving and implementing use cases in the area of analytics across all functions and regions.
- Responsible for technical development and data platforms:
- Key expert in running and implementing backend procedures to answer and support business questions;
- Very quick and good apprehension to quickly transform business questions into IT programs;
- Point of contact within the business analytics team and within the technical network to support, drive and manage implementation of projects with a strong focus on backend development;
- Responsible for data platform maintenance and development; very good understanding of system/hardware market to drive adaptation of data platform to new market developments;
- Responsible for maintaining code and setting-up of code repository; drive strategy to be able to better document and re-use programs/code;
- Ensure maintainability of implemented solutions.
- Design, implementation and execution of analytics and reporting projects:
- Support in defining key requirements of analytics projects (. process improvement requirements, reporting scope, key data questions) together with business including senior management – ensure that requirements can be transformed into backend processes;
- Manage and challenge IT to set-up interfaces to core systems, develop own ETL interfaces and be responsible for data provisioning;
- Responsible for data modelling and data engineering as well as feature engineering to enable data insights;
- Develop knowledge in key business processes across value chain to be able to identify and implement improvement areas using analytics.
- Run trainings and coaching programs
- Proactive and independent creation of training materials and execution of trainings in the area SQL and related programming languages;
- Support in project management;
- Ensure synergies between projects and foster collaboration within business analytics team.
Required key skills (functional/technical)
- Strong communication skills in English;
- Studies of computer science, business intelligence or similar;
- Good knowledge in key business processes (mainly finance, sales and supply);
- Project management skills: scrum, agile methods preferred;
- Expert in data modelling and data management;
- Very good programming skills preferably in SQL and R;
- Good data visualization skills (ideally in Tableau).