Austria Business Graduate Microsoft Academy for College Hires (MACH) Location: Vienna, Austria
Start date: 1st September 2017
Application deadline: 12th March 2017
Assessment Centres at Microsoft Italy office: May
Microsoft is the worldwide leader in software, services and solutions that help people and businesses realize their full potential. We're motivated and inspired every day by how our customers use our software to find creative solutions to business problems, develop breakthrough ideas, and stay connected to what's most important to them.
We run our business in much the same way. Our employees come as they are and do what they love. Imagine the opportunities you'll have in a company with more thanemployees in more than 100 countries, working on hundreds of products—spanning games, phones, developer tools, business solutions and operating systems. We work hard, but we value work/life balance, and each of us defines what that means to us. So why not explore what we do, where we do it, and what life is really like at Microsoft. You just might be surprised.
No matter what your passion is, you'll find it here. You can work on a multi-billion-dollar global business or a revolutionary technology that hasn't yet left the lab. Join us at Microsoft and start your journey.
Our Graduate Program MACH offers you the opportunity to join Microsoft on a real job role working on customer facing technologies in IT related and business related sales positions.
On top of your role you'll have the chance to attend three international training weeks during your first 18 to 24 months. These bring together a community of thousands of graduates from over 60 countries, enabling you to build a global network of contacts and to gain exposure to real Microsoft business activities and leaders in the world!
FULL TIME OPPORTUNITIES IN SALES
Our technology helps to empower customers through you. These positions give you the opportunity to have an impact on both internal and external customers. You are the kind of person who can't help but inspire people with the power and potential of technology. You're hardwired to share with them how a program or new piece of hardware can improve their lives or businesses. Here, you can use your gift to become a trusted client advisor, supporting our customers and keeping our company growing in more than 100 countries around the world.
Typical roles within the Business stream
are: Account Manager, Account Technology Strategist, Licensing Sales Professional, Solution Sales Professional, Technical Sales, Account Executive
. Our customers are essentially Enterprise, Small & Medium businesses.
Here below is an example of what you could be doing - bear in mind you will be assessed for all available roles, and assigned to the position we believe is the best fit for you
based on your background, career expectations, performance at interview stage and available roles at the time of hiring: Account Manager
- you are the main connection point between Microsoft and our customers, including small- to mid-size businesses, enterprises, governments, and academic intuitions. You provide strategic business leadership—partnering with leaders in customers' organizations to align their business strategies with technologies and products that can help them increase their market share and revenue. On a daily basis, you'll build and maintain key relationships, ensure alignment of customers' IT and business priorities with our technical offerings, and lead and engage fellow employees—including sales, technical, consulting, support, product groups, and executives—to advance both customers' and Microsoft's long-term interests. You'll have the chance to experience all aspects of the client relationship and opportunity management. Most of all, as an Account manager you will get hands-on experience driving significant impact and build a strong foundation for larger and broader responsibilities. Solution Sales Professional
- you will identify our customers' pain points and solve them through the latest software and services solutions. You will be our customers' trusted consultant, thoroughly evaluating the health of their IT platforms and development environments and diagnosing areas for improvement. Your solutions drive measurable value, helping customers run their businesses more cost-effectively and efficiently and giving them a competitive edge in their marketplace—be it business, government, or academics. You will build and maintain relationships with executive business and technical decision makers, be able to articulate and present the business value of Microsoft's solutions, and develop a firm understanding of Microsoft's strategies and product offerings relative to our major competitors. This role is crucial in defining, developing, prioritizing, and ultimately selling our industry solutions at scale. You will become a subject matter expert (SME) in industry trends, competition and account-specific business drivers as you help educate and keep the Microsoft field sales force current in these areas. Sales Excellence Analyst
- The Sales excellence analyst supports the sales team by planning, analyzing, and executing initiatives for building business connections using web-based capabilities. You will work closely with key stakeholders that lead and manage marketing, sales, support, and services related to functions across the company. You will develop and maintain relationships with key sales team leaders, build change programs, and drive cross-group initiatives. This role requires excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills for driving executive conversations and agreement. The successful candidate will also have strong quantitative skills in math, statistics, finance and/or economics, and well-developed data manipulation and business analysis skills. Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, Word and PowerPoint) is essential. Licensing Sales Professional
- you will provide licensing solutions to your customers with a focus on volume licensing programs. You will work closely with regional account executives, customer purchasing, and licensing contacts to provide licensing solutions for customers. Your role will include negotiating agreement terms and conditions, being the single point of contact for internal and external sales contracts and licensing issues, and developing pricing scenarios and cost/benefit analyses. Your licensing solutions will result in high customer satisfaction while maximizing customer revenue contribution across Microsoft product offerings. In this role, you will develop and deliver proposals and presentations while establishing and maintaining business relationships across Microsoft and with your customers. The best practices you develop will proactively drive business standards and deal consistency across the Microsoft sales organization. Business Development Manager
- Business development managers identify key strategic initiatives to develop and successfully execute Go to Market strategies against top competitors. As part of this role you will drive capacity planning to ensure partner readiness to increase sales and market share. We are looking for a great individual, who can think out of the box with ideas, execute on messaging, design presentations to support to customer and partner communications and support the Enterprise Partner Team.
- Pursuing or within one year of graduation from a full time Bachelor's or Master´s degree in Business, Sales or any other business related fields.
- Any practical sales experiences, . in selling software solutions or hardware would be an advantage
- First practical sales experiences, . in selling software solutions or hardware, preferred
- Excellent communication, presentation as well as analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong desire and business acumen for consultative solution
- Exceptional negotiation, customer service, and interpersonal skills
- Passion for technology, both consumer and enterprise
- Some understanding of cloud computing, Microsoft Officer devices would be an advantage
- Available to start in September 2017
- Fluency in English and German is required
- Full work authorization to work in Austria
- Please apply with your CV in English
For any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our University Recruitment Team