Who We Are – MassMutual
For nearly 170 years, MassMutual has put our customers at the heart of what we do by providing holistic financial solutions, guidance, and education on their terms. Our long-term strategy helps ensure that our policyowners and their loved ones can rely on us to be there when they need us most.
Positioning MassMutual for its next 20 million customers and remaining innovative in a digital-first world led to the creation of MassMutual Romania in 2020. With offices in Bucharest and Cluj, MassMutual Romania was established to build an in-house team with expertise in application development and support, quality assurance and data science.
MassMutual Romania – in partnership with MassMutual in the United States – will help shape a culture of innovation and work together to create the digital products and technology solutions that help people secure their future and protect the ones they love.
If this vision excites you, we are seeking a Business Analyst to become a MassMutual team member. This is a great opportunity to be a part of the transformational journey at MassMutual. As we continue to grow our business and look for new ways to engage with customers, technology will be one of the most important enablers to our success and you can be a part of it.
Do you want to be part of a team that encourages your growth, supports your ambitions and makes it a priority for you to reach your goals? Is helping people part of who you are? At MassMutual, we help millions of people find financial freedom, offer financial protection and plan for the future. We do this by building trust with our customers by being knowledgeable problem solvers and prioritize their needs above all else. We Live Mutual.
If this sounds like a fit, we’re looking to hire a Business Analyst to join our wealth management team.
The Wealth Management & Distribution Team is seeking an exceptional and experienced Business Analyst. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in financial services and Broker Dealer knowledge. In this role you will be responsible for soliciting and documenting business requirements, understanding of technical dependencies, and helping to envision creative solutions to both business and technical challenges. Candidate must be team-oriented and possess excellent written, verbal, and communication skills.
• Seasoned individual capable of handling broad scope projects that could have a short to long term focus
• Works with guidance on more complex projects
• Works very closely with both business and technical stakeholders
• Looks for and finds ways to improve the way we operate business
• Document requirements (functional & non-functional) and create use cases
• Analyze and decompose business rules
• Assist other team members with understanding the business requirements
• Operates independently on multiple project tasks
• Participate in all phases of project testing
• Leads business analysis across multiple parallel initiatives
• Gathering and documentation of functional and non-functional requirements
• Facilitate and drive requirements gathering sessions
• Collaborate with business and systems experts
• Lead analysis of business processes, procedures, data and rules
• May provide oversight of overall quality of work product
• Negotiate and influence requirements direction
• Successfully support WM&DT projects on-time, withing budget, and at the highest degree of quality. Knowledge and
• People skills
• Integrity, ethical behavior, consistent
• Strong at building trust
• Verbal communication
• Strong at building teams
• Conflict resolution, conflict management
• Critical thinking, problem solving
• Understands, balances priorities
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Business or an analytical field such as Economics, Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science
• 5+ years business and data analyst experience analyzing and manipulating data from variety of production systems and data platforms
• Experience with drafting business requirements
• Ability to work in a collaborative environment and can work on multiple different assignments at once
• Ability to own and drive business analysis of a projects