Sustainalytics has been a leading independent provider of Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) research for the last 25 years. Our insights are used by clients to make better informed investment decisions, engage with companies in relation to their business activities and drive change.
Sustainalytics is a growing organization with 700 employees and 17 offices globally. We have a flexible and supportive working culture and empower our employees to progress and develop quickly in an entrepreneurial environment.
For more information, visit
Under COVID-19 circumstances, all Sustainalytics employees are now working from home. More than ever, ESG factors are critical to building a more ethical and sustainable global economy. Our teams need passionate colleagues to join us in delivering quality research products to our clients worldwide.
Our recruitment and selection process is continuing via phone or video meetings. New team members are onboarded and start their first day with the company from the safety of their homes.
We rely on virtual team meetings and management practices, as well as a remote buddy program, to support a smooth integration in our virtual offices.
ABOUT THE TEAM
The Digital Operations team (DOT) ensures the smooth communication among several teams of the organization, aiming to facilitate information flows across the research value chain. The team is responsible for identifying the entities that form the research universe, initiating and prioritizing updates with the research teams, working with product teams to identify and manage research needs and serving our client teams with coverage checks and bespoke requests. These activities involve working closely with other ICT teams in managing the data that enables our research environment.
POSITION PURPOSE & KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
As Business Analyst, in the Digital Operations team, you will be involved in a broad range of tasks, combining independent work and collaboration with various stakeholders with the aim to deliver timely and high-quality research to clients. The main responsibilities for this position will be:
- Bridge the gap between DOT and our stakeholders, by using data analytics to assess processes, combined with their needs, to deliver data-driven recommendations, and when necessary, to deliver reports to executives and stakeholders
- Manage, from a business perspective, the data related to the entities that are the subject of our research and maintain them in all internal systems.
- Support and monitor the timely delivery of research by maintaining close communication with several research teams and monitoring the deadlines of specific deliveries. For this purpose, you will collaborate with colleagues from all over the world to ensure alignment and quality of the data delivery.
- Support the client facing teams by providing information about the research entities existing in our products, considering the business perspective. For this purpose, you will collaborate with colleagues from all over the world to ensure the timely support for clients’ or prospects’ inquiries.
- Collaborate with DOT operational sub-teams to innovate the way we deliver data in order to achieve operational excellence.
- Collaborate with other ICT teams to maintain the current internal databases that our products rely on.
- Excellent Stakeholder Management Skills
- MUST be a Team Player, with a positive attitude
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, combined with attention to details
- Agility: Flexible mindset with strong ability to adapt for constantly shifting business requirements and needs
- Proficient business English oral and writing skills (the company’s working language is English);
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and good knowledge of other MS Office tools (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint);
- Experience with relational databases (SQL language);
- Leadership skill sets:
- Willingness to roll up the sleeves and deep dive into finding answers to multi layered questions and be first in line to provide solutions to complex problems – without being prodded to do so
- Lead by example: ability to work towards fast moving, strict deadlines, that are set with high-quality standards
Bonus if you have:
- Knowledge and understanding of the services industry (preferably the financial service industry in combination with the SRI/RI market);
- Master’s degree in related discipline (business, finance, data science, ICT) would be a plus
- Passion about global sustainability issues like environment protection or human rights is nice to have
APPLICATION & INTERVIEW PROCESS
In keeping with our ongoing efforts to represent the diversity of our community, we strongly encourage people from diverse groups to apply. Sustainalytics is committed to providing accommodations for individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Sustainalytics thanks all applicants for their interest, however only those applicants requested to participate in the interview process will be contacted.