BSP Linux Development Engineer
* all languages are compulsory
The team you represent is pivotal to our partner’s Linux Product. Your contribution in this role will impact the success of Linux board support package program.
The focus of this role is cooperating with other professionals to enable our partner’s BSP under Yocto Project on semiconductor partner’s target board.
Interface & Collaboration:
- Report directly to Linux BSP engineering superior.
- You will be an integral part of the BSP engineering team.
- You will collaborate with BSP partners, open-source developers and other field engineers.
- You will be interacting with other BSP developers, internal and partner Linux kernel developers, as well as QA engineers and project manager.
This position will be responsible for enabling our partner Linux Operating System on ARM/X86 hardware, which includes:
- Integrate/Implement arch specific Linux kernel code, bring up Linux on silicon vendor’s reference boards.• Develop various Linux device drivers.
- Implement multiple Linux kernel features.
- Closely work with open-source communities on new technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree (or above) of the computer science, electronics or other related majors.
- A self-motivated person with high responsibility.
- At least 8 years of Linux Kernel/Device Drivers development experience.
- Expert knowledge on embedded Linux operating system.
- Familiar with many kinds of peripherals and buses, such as USB, OTG, SDIO, PCIe, NOR/NAND flash, Ethernet, WIFI, SATA/SAS/RAID, I2C, SPI, Graphics, Audio etc.
- Fluent/Develop code in C, C++ and assembly language.
- Good knowledge on bitbake, Yocto Project and oe-core.
- Strong knowledge/experience on ARM/IA architecture or other architectures like PPC/MIPS.
- Familiar with Shell/Python programming.
- Familiar with revision control system git.
- Experience with TCP/IP.
- Experience with toolchain.
- Experience with Scrum or Agile development methods.
- Good troubleshooting/debugging skills.
- A passion for customer-facing tools, user experience, and user enablement.
- Good English communication skills in reading, writing and speaking.
About Orion Innovation:
Orion Innovation is a leading digital transformation and product development services firm with more than 25 years of activity. Headquartered in Edison, New Jersey, the company has a global team of over 4,750 associates, with engineers in 11 major delivery centers spread across the Americas, Europe, and APAC region.
Orion operates in a broad range of industries such as: financial services, professional services, cyber security, telecommunications and media, consumer products, automotive, industrial automation, professional sports and entertainment, life sciences, ecommerce, and education.
The main focus is to be an agile and trusted partner for business transformation initiatives, providing deep emerging technology, digital design and domain expertise.
*Only suitable candidates will be contacted.