Your life at Ubi
The Enterprise Data department that belongs to Ubisoft’s Data office, is currently looking for a BI Developer to join their team.
As a BI Developer, you will be part of the team in charge of the Player and Customer Management scope of the Enterprise Data Platform (EDP) which is currently using a combination of Hadoop for data lake and Snowflake for data warehouse. You will design and develop solutions using ETL and DataWarehouse tools, in direct collaboration with the technical lead, the business analysts and the architects.
Your main mission
- Design, develop, test and maintain ETL jobs and related data warehouse models / objects / systems ;
- Automate data processing and implement qualitative monitoring ;
- Actively participate to post-production support (troubleshooting, optimization…) ;
- Ensure that formal and exhaustive documentation is produced for all development deliverables ;
- Make proposals on how to improve and sustain existing pipelines ;
- Collaborate with other developers, architects and business analysts, as well as agile roles such as product owner and scrum master ;
- Actively participate to the knowledge transfer of support tasks.
The professional value you bring
- Expertise in ETL development with Informatica and with high volumes of data
- Good knowledge of data warehousing
- Capacity to optimize complex SQL queries
- Fluent in English
Nice to have
- Knowledge of Hadoop technologies (HDFS, Hive, Spark...) and other big data technologies
- Knowledge of any cloud data warehouse (SaaS) and cloud environment (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Knowledge of best practices in data engineering, source code management and DevOps (Gitlab, Docker…)
- Knowledge of programming languages (Python…)
- Knowledge of reporting tools (Tableau, MicroStrategy, Business Objects, Cognos…)
Ubisoft’s team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. This ambition is very much embedded into our work here, at Ubisoft Romania, where we create games that reach millions of people worldwide. We’re working with top global Ubisoft studios on creating worlds that shape the entertainment industry - from Assassin’s Creed and Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, to Watch Dogs, Just Dance and other exciting projects, yet to be announced. We are driven by the work we do and inspired by the fun we have while doing it!
We’re an equal opportunity employer and we believe that diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves.
Our colleagues from the IT department engineer and deliver reliable services & products for Ubisoft’s game development teams and for our player communities, as well as developing apps for internal, world-wide use.
Find us on Facebook, Instagram & LinkedIn, see how we do things, how we like to have fun and join us!