Back-end Developer – SQL
Remote job (the activity is performed from home)
* all languages are compulsory
Toluna delivers real-time consumer insights at the speed of the on-demand economy. By combining global scale and local expertise with innovative technology and award-winning research design, we help clients explore tomorrow, now.
Toluna is the parent company of Harris Interactive Europe and KuRunData. Together, we strive to push the field of market research toward a better tomorrow.
Toluna’s vision is to build a platform for Market Research that is highly scalable, Web and Cloud based and enables anyone to ask for consumers’ opinions. You will specialize on back-end software development, helping our vision come true.
To complete our R&D team in Timisoara and support our growth globally, we are looking for an Back-end Developer.
As a Back-End Developer at Toluna, you will be responsible for the design, development, testing and support of multiple web components that are part of our Web based products. You will work and interact with multiple teams in multiple locations and will get full ownership of components.
- Create complex queries, stored procedures and triggers;
- Performance analysis and improvement of SQL queries;
- Diagnose, replicate and solve problems;
- Reports development.
Required skill set:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Computer Engineering or an equivalent combination of degrees and experience;
- Proven experience in database design
- Very good knowledge of SQL Server
- Knowledge of stored procedure writing, query optimization and indexes
- 3-4+ years' experience with .NET in commercial or open source software development;
- Experience developing/designing large and scalable software systems;
- Experience in building scalable server-side architectures;
- Understanding of RESTful APIs;
- Knowledge of Data structures;
- Advanced English skills, oral and written;
Nice to have:
- Experience with API integrations
What we offer: Here at Toluna you will find amazing, forward thinking professionals who like to learn and grow. We pride ourselves on collaborating and sharing expertise, we know that strong teams bring out the best in our staff members. This is why we offer a broad range of benefits:
- Professional & personal growth: Training opportunities and career development plan.
- Financial package: Competitive salary, performance bonus.
- Health: Private medical insurance.
- Office comfort & fun: Central building location, relaxing room (X-box, Ping Pong table).
- Work-life balance: Working from home policy.
Join our global team. We welcome big thinking and reward great work.