Automotive System Test Engineer for Telematics (Iasi)
Passionate about testing but also interested in smart cars? You should see what proposition we have for you. We are looking for a System Tester in our Vehicle Networking and Information group.
Our Vehicle Networking and Information (VNI) business area develops modules and end-to-end systems for connected mobility. Along with the strategy “Connect. Inform. Integrate.”, the product portfolio focuses on a variety of services which are designed to make driving easier, safer, more comfortable and “always connected”. All this while enabling technologies for optimization of intelligent transport systems to be integrated in the driving experience.
In a modern car, telematics, in a broad sense, is any integrated use of telecommunications. All the information related to the user's car (vehicle speed, position, number of passengers, number of control units, Vehicle Identification Number, vehicle error messages etc.) is sent, received and stored by the telecommunication services that are developed inside the Telematics Control Unit (TCU).
Telematic control units in automotive provide users with a handful of features as emergency call (both automatic and manual); assist call service (for cases of vehicle malfunction); assistance services (control your vehicle via smartphone app); remote diagnosis (check vehicle health from anywhere); remote active car finder (use this feature to find your car in the parking lot), OTA / FOTA (provides software updates to the entire vehicle, remotely) and much more!
Do you want to be part of our System Testing group and work with the latest technologies? These should spark your interest:
• Analyze software requirements and develop test strategies and specifications for the software being developed;
• Perform tests and prepare reports according to the defined test process;
• Develop testing software applications, set up test environments and help improving the test process;
• Collaborate stakeholders from all project levels;
• Analyze and track problems throughout the whole development cycles, ensuring the highest quality of our products;
• Perform real test drives to check the behavior of our system in the actual real world;
A mentor will support you to stepwise take over own responsibility after an initial training phase which will familiarize you with our products, tools, processes and organization.
You can be a perfect match to our team if you have:
• Graduated in a relevant field (. Electronics, Telecommunications, Computer science, Automatics, Mechatronics, Electrical Engineering, Medical Bioengineering);
• Have minimum 2 years of relevant experience in the field;
• Good electronics knowledge;
• Real time embedded systems basic knowledge;
• Basic programming knowledge, any of the following: (C, C++, C# , Java, Python, LabVIEW, CAPL or other relevant programming languages);
• Basic knowledge on Linux systems;
• Knowledge of Vehicle communication protocols (. CAN, Ethernet, Flex Ray, LIN);
• Test automation know-how;
• Good writing, reading and speaking English skills;
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
This Business Area Vehicle Networking and Information develops modules and end-to-end systems for connected mobility along the strategic elements “Network. Inform. Integrate.”, . hardware, software and services. By providing solutions for networking, human-machine interaction, system integration and high-performance computing for cars, commercial vehicles and fleets, Vehicle Networking and Information ensures functioning networks and a smooth flow of information for connected mobility.