Automation - Infrastructure Engineer
Middle (2-5 years), Senior (5-10 years), Executive (>10 years)
This job is inactive, but you can still send your resume to the company
Discover ING Bank
ING is a frontrunner in the transformation of banking and a company that puts technology at its heart.
At ING, we believe all sustainable progress is driven by people with the imagination and determination to improve their future and the futures of those around them. We empower people and organizations to realize their own vision for a better future. Join us! Together we can build the next generation of digital banking!
You will work on multiple initiatives with the aim of automating our infrastructure and providing a stable IaaS. The role is expected to be well versed in concepts such as continuous delivery and deliver applications to production using CDaaS platforms. This job is required to integrate the automation platforms with the core infrastructure technologies such as operating systems (Linux/Windows), virtualization (VMware/Hyper-V), Storage, network etc.
You should also be comfortable with scripting required for the integration and have experience on virtualized and physical servers and will be required to assist delivery teams to set up deployment pipelines for applications through all testing environments and onto production.
You will create self-service infrastructure workflows that delivery teams will consume.
- Setup the practice of configuration platforms with integration with the various datacenter technologies used in ING;
- Implement and maintain configuration management for compliance management;
- Day-to-day activity improving our infrastructure, monitoring, tooling and continuous delivery processes; including project work;
- Proactively seeking opportunities to automate manual process;
- Driving on-boarding and adoption of our core automation tools and services;
- Provide teams with self-service hypervisor and physical server bare metal provisioning workflows;
- Collaborate with technical teams and utilize system expertise to deliver technical solutions;
- Maintain knowledge of existing technology documents;
- Write basic documentation on how technology works;
- Contribute clear documentation on multiple systems used;
- Document systems designs, business requirements and technical interpretation;
- Develop and provide technical data for incorporation in internal presentations;
- Continuously learn and teach others existing and new technologies;
- Influence technology and policy decisions made across the appropriate functional organization;
- Team player, who strives to maximize team and departmental performance.
What you bring to the team:
- Experience as System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) or Puppet Engineer / DevOps Engineer / Systems Admin/Engineer in operations of a large-scale enterprise;
- Expert Linux/Unix and/or Windows system administration and troubleshooting skills;
- 3-5 years of experience implementing build configuration tools, such as Puppet / Ansible or similar platforms, Git or SCCM;
- 3-5 years of extensive scripting experience: Bash, Shell, Python and/or PowerShell;
- Working knowledge of software development methodologies including code profiling, regression testing and continuous integration;
- Configuration Management functions: OS Deployment, Configuration Compliance, Patch Management, Software Distribution, Server Management, Inventory, Reporting;
- Proven competency with most Linux/Unix and/or Windows commands/utilities;
- Knowledge of or experience with Orchestration Engines and Automation Workflows;
- System installation and configuration experience;
- Knowledge of or experience with Zabbix, System Center Operations Manager (SCOM), or similar monitoring analytics platforms;
- Familiarity of SaaS ITOM platforms such as ServiceNow;
- Experience working with multiple teams in an Agile environment;
- Experience writing and maintaining automation;
- Experience treating infrastructure as code.